Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

insanity??

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm thinking about ordering it and was wondering if any of you ladies have tried it? Is it worth the money?
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I haven't done it yet, but everyone I know that HAS loved it.  I will admit that it can be difficult at first, but you'll get the hang of it. I'm currently doing Focus T25, which is also by Shaun T and LOVE it!  Feel free to PM me for any questions about the workouts.

keaton10
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Thank you :) i have a couple friends that have done it kinda one quit after a few days and the other stopped updating her fb about it lol. I asked my husband what he thinks and he said he had heard it was really hard so thats kinda scaring me but im motivated and need to get this weight off so i will feel better!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I haven't done it yet, but everyone I know that HAS loved it.  I will admit that it can be difficult at first, but you'll get the hang of it. I'm currently doing Focus T25, which is also by Shaun T and LOVE it!  Feel free to PM me for any questions about the workouts.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this

They key is NOT quitting.  I'm a Beachbody coach and I've had several clients actually throw up after the first workout they thought it was so hard.  The thing is that you need to keep going and keep trying and you'll find that you'll start getting the hang of it.  Because of the difficulty, they actually just recently came out with a Sanity Check dvd, which is separate and it's purpose is to condition you for the actual Insanity workout so it teaches you how to do the moves properly and effectively and gets you ready for the intensity. 

Don't be afraid of the challenge - it's kinda part of the process.  You challenge your body and you'll be amazed at what you can do and how much it can change. 

Like I mentioned, I'm a coach so feel free to ask any questions.  I'd love to help you lose the weight and get fit.

Quoting keaton10:

Thank you :) i have a couple friends that have done it kinda one quit after a few days and the other stopped updating her fb about it lol. I asked my husband what he thinks and he said he had heard it was really hard so thats kinda scaring me but im motivated and need to get this weight off so i will feel better!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I've done Insanity and love it. It is a tough workout though. But once you get into it it gets easier, then you start month 2. It's fantastic. I'm doing Focus T25 now and I plan to do insanity again when I finish.
RunningMommaof2
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like insanity. I love intense cardio, but insanity involves too much jumping. I actually sprained my ankle very badly doing insanity.
keaton10
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Do you actually lose the weight like they say? Did you follow the meal thing it came with? Sorry for all the ?s im just curious lol

Quoting Noni2319:

I've done Insanity and love it. It is a tough workout though. But once you get into it it gets easier, then you start month 2. It's fantastic. I'm doing Focus T25 now and I plan to do insanity again when I finish.
keaton10
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Oh my goodness i'm sorry it didn't work out for you. :( what are you doing now?

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I don't like insanity. I love intense cardio, but insanity involves too much jumping. I actually sprained my ankle very badly doing insanity.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Eeeek!  I'm sorry you got hurt and it didn't work out for you! :(

What are you doing now then?

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I lost about 10 pounds doing it. I could jump a lot higher and was stronger. I also list a lot of inches going by how my clothes fit.

I did not follow the meal plan. I normally don't look at them because a lot of them have fish. I don't remember what's on the meal plan with Insanity though. I can pull it out and check later.

Questions are fine. It's a good way to help make a decision.

Quoting keaton10:

Do you actually lose the weight like they say? Did you follow the meal thing it came with? Sorry for all the ?s im just curious lol

Quoting Noni2319:

mhaney03
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Love insanity. Waiting for my t25 challenge pack to get here
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN