Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Which FitBit?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

I know several ladies have them. I'm definitely getting one, just trying to figure out which one. 

Help me out ladies. Which do you have/ recommend and why. 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I really liked the Ultra.  I had the One (the precursor to the Ultra), and it had major issues syncing to my Macbook Pro.  When the Ultra came out, they upgraded me.  Then, of course, I went for a run and it fell off.  So my advice is to get a leash for it!  LOL  I was really happy with it, and I like that it syncs with MFP.  I haven't seen any reviews yet about the new wristband one, but the reviews of others that came out when I settled on the One were not very promising.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I think I am getting a Flex since I have a gift card burning a whole in my wallet. :-) 

There is also another tracker called a withings that is coming out soon. http://www.withings.com/   It seems pretty cool as well.. I am debating between the Flex and this pulse. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Silvertears1275
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I have a Zip.  The tiny basic one.  It doesn't track stairs or sleep, but I don't mind that.  I really like it.  It really helps me to see how inactive I can be and gives me a little push to try to move more.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I'm leaning towards the Ultra. I do have stairs at home so I'd like to be able to track.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I really like my one!
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I'm torn between getting the One or the Flex. I'm interested in what others say here.
cj123573
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I have the One, I like that it tracks sleep, but the cuff started to "roll" about 2 weeks into using it.  It doesn't work on Stairmasters or Treadmills (I don't know if other pedometers do, so I just toss that out there :)  )  It did not sync well with my Droid X2.  It sync'ed with DH's iphone 4s for awhile, but I think he did have some issues with it after an updgrade??  (He hasn't used it in awhile, so I don't know if that has been resolved...possibly user error??  :)   ) 

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I have the one and it works fine with treadmills and stuff...maybe there's something wrong with yours?

Quoting cj123573:

I have the One, I like that it tracks sleep, but the cuff started to "roll" about 2 weeks into using it.  It doesn't work on Stairmasters or Treadmills (I don't know if other pedometers do, so I just toss that out there :)  )  It did not sync well with my Droid X2.  It sync'ed with DH's iphone 4s for awhile, but I think he did have some issues with it after an updgrade??  (He hasn't used it in awhile, so I don't know if that has been resolved...possibly user error??  :)   ) 

cj123573
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:19 AM
I do not know then! A friend of mine and I tried them on our hips and bras and neither of them were really registering the steps. I wasn't overly bothered, I just went in and added it through the website

Quoting MamaJessx3:

I have the one and it works fine with treadmills and stuff...maybe there's something wrong with yours?

Quoting cj123573:

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I have the One and I really like it but I did have a problem with it not tracking my steps.  I contacted them and they replaced it immediately. I haven't had any problems with the new one and I use it for tracking activity and sleep.  It syncs with MFP and my phone app (Android) with no problem.  I find it to be accurate as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN