Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Im currently looking into trying a weight loss shake and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good shake?
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Replies (31-37):
cafemom914
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I make this shake during the hot summer days and have been able to drop over 20 lbs in two months and i love it.

• 1 1/2 cups ice
  • 1 scoop (or one serving) chocolate protein powder (I like this one)
  • 1 T unsweetened cocao powder (add more to taste if you want)
  • 1/2 cup almond or soy milk (regular milk will work too, however coconut milk does not work as well—I’ve tried it!)
  • 2 ounces cold brewed coffee  ( INSTANT WEIGHT LOSS COFFEE)
  • I started incorparating two shakes and a cup of coffee in the morning and was able to drop several dress sizes and lose over 20lbs in 2 months. you can get the coffee by going to www.myjavita.com/katscafe and good luck

ruby_jewel_04
    by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    1 mom liked this
    A friend talked me in to starting to sell Advocare with her. I'm about to start the 24 day challenge. :)
    wonder00woman
    by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Herbalife shakes are the BEST!!!! I've lost 20 pounds on them so far :) They have a bunch of flavors and recipes too. They cost around $30-$35 for 30 servings when you buy their wholesale membership. I'm currently in love with their pumpkin spice shakes :)

ReadWriteLuv
    by Casey on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    1 mom liked this

Why not make your own shakes from all natural ingredients instead, and add a protein powder if you feel you need it? Much more cost effective, and way better for you. Clean, natural eating is the way to live, and you'll never have to "ween" yourself off of anything. 

ReadWriteLuv
    by Casey on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I've known 12 people that have tried Advocare, not one of them made it through a full month, they all returned it for their money back.

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

A friend talked me in to starting to sell Advocare with her. I'm about to start the 24 day challenge. :)

Sharell8710
    by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:08 AM
    Herbalife! Hands down the best IMO. I even joined as a member/distributor because I believe in the products. :)
    mrsary
    by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    Theres no way I am paying hundreds of dollars for Shakeology!! Lol.

Quoting MamaJessx3: Couldn't have said it better. There's no "quick fix" and using shakes as a "jump start" or whatever is just an excuse not to do things the right way. If that's your goal ultimately then why not just start off with eating healthy and exercising??

Quoting musicpisces:

I thought the same thing when I used shakes to lose weight years ago.  I even kept the weight off for a year, because I kind of HAD to (lost the weight to join the Navy).  Yes, you can LOSE the weight with shakes, but you are VERY likely to gain it back.  I hadn't learned how to make smart decisions in everyday life about food, or how to overcome excuses not to go to the gym.  I hadn't learned how to overcome stress eating.  I hadn't learned how to say no to huge portions.  I gained back about 1/3 more than I'd lost.  Plus I'd slowed down my metabolism with so few calories that it didn't take much to gain back the weight.

How do you expect to "get a handle on everything" if you're not eating real foods and finding what works for you for maintenance?

Most of the people who have been responding here are people who SELL Shakeology.   They're not exactly unbiased (no offense to anyone responding).

You have to look beyond protein, or you could just eat egg whites all day long and get protein that way.  Nutrition is much more complicated than this.

Most people have a hard time sticking with weight loss.  It's hard to stay motivated.  But when you're serious, nothing can stop you.

I have a few journals about my own journey (I've lost 112 lbs so far and am still going).  I'll link them here: clean eating, what's working for me, and some tips.  Many of us in the group eat clean and have had a lot of success with it.  Plus, it's something that can be done for the rest of your life, including while pregnant or breastfeeding.

Quoting kce2013:

I have a hard time with sticking with weightloss so I figured I can do my shake and learn to eat healthy at the same time then wean myself off shakes once I get a handle on everything. I have seen amazing results with some shakes and just wanted to try it out. Plus shakes are packed with protein which everyone needs, when you start working out and toning dont people use protein shakes anyways?

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)