Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Having a hard time....

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 25 Replies

with scheduling my workouts in!  My kids both started school programs (extended school year for my 6 year old-he's special ed, and enrichment in art and science for my 11 year old).  This is what my day looks like as chauffeur:

7-8am (depending on if dh wants to go in early or his regular time)-take him to work

8:05-Bring 6 year old to bus stop

8:15-Bring 11 year old to school (his program is optional for fun, so no bus)

9-9:30-Morning Devotional (I'm pagan-this is an activity that I do with my 'church')

12:05pm-Get 6 year old off of bus

12:30-1-Bring dh lunch

1:45-go get 11 year old from school

4:30-run to dh's work to see him on break (he works a lot so I like to see him when I can)

6:30-7:30-pick up dh somewhere between these two times.

In the off time, I need to *try* to clean, take care of a baby, cook/eat, run errands.  The day goes by so fast....it's almost 11pm, and I'm going to be working out now because it didn't get done earlier.  I'll be so happy when school starts and everyone's on a bus, and the hours are the same-ish for all kids.  My ideal day for working out consists of an hour on the elliptical (two 30 minute sessions), a 15 minute postpartum routine, and 30-45 minutes of either weights or additional cardio (depends on the day)....

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akmaldo
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM
You,should do T25. Only 25 minutes a day...
lhiannan
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I'm doing power 90, and those workouts aren't exactly long. How intense is t-25. I'm put of shape from lack of exercise during a difficult pregnancy.

Quoting akmaldo:

akmaldo
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM

It's for all levels since there is a modifier! I have a group of people who are going to be doing it together and I have some people who have done two rounds on insanity, and some people who don't do anything other than walk a mile or two everyday. If you have any questions or want info let me know! How do you like power 90?

Quoting lhiannan:

I'm doing power 90, and those workouts aren't exactly long. How intense is t-25. I'm put of shape from lack of exercise during a difficult pregnancy.

Quoting akmaldo:

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Focus T25 is great! you could squeeze that in somewhere.

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM

We all have busy days....you just have to prioritize....I think you have wasted time in your day (we all do and easy for someone else to say)....On nice days, take the baby for a walk in the stroller....get your 30 minutes of cardio in that way....do strength training at least 3 days a week....for now, focus on 30 minutes 4-5 days a week and work up from there. 

Your day....Bring dh lunch and just stay out to pick up 11 year old from school....use this time to play at a park, kick a soccer ball, go for a walk etc...use playground equipment for pullups etc. I personally would give up seeing dh on pm break, at least most days a week.....that time could be your exercise time so you have  more quality time in the evening....just some thoughts.

lhiannan
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I would LOVE to take my baby for walks, but she really hates them :(  I used to walk up to 7 miles a day. She hates the car, too, or shopping....pretty much anything where she's not being carried around.  I fit everything in today.  I just have to get adjusted to the new schedule.  I wound up using the elliptical for 15 minutes in the morning, and a half hour after dd finally went down for the night (11pm).  And it seems like I have more time than I do.  I have a child who has pt twice a week, and another who has ot once a week.  I also am running a business from home, and I'm going to school (online)....I have way too much stuff, lol.  It will be so much easier when they're all in school again.  My 11 year old is old enough to walk to/from the bus stop, but summer enrichment doesn't provide transportation.

Quoting wahmx3:

We all have busy days....you just have to prioritize....I think you have wasted time in your day (we all do and easy for someone else to say)....On nice days, take the baby for a walk in the stroller....get your 30 minutes of cardio in that way....do strength training at least 3 days a week....for now, focus on 30 minutes 4-5 days a week and work up from there. 

Your day....Bring dh lunch and just stay out to pick up 11 year old from school....use this time to play at a park, kick a soccer ball, go for a walk etc...use playground equipment for pullups etc. I personally would give up seeing dh on pm break, at least most days a week.....that time could be your exercise time so you have  more quality time in the evening....just some thoughts.

lhiannan
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I'm a coach, too, lol :P  But I do like P90.  I first got it when it was still on tape, sometime before 2003.  I totally wrecked my knee the first week I used it, and it took a year to heal-now I know to be very aware of form, especially now that I'm in my early 30's and not 20's, lol.  I plan to do three months of that, and then move onto either P90x or Turbofire.  Not sure yet.

Quoting akmaldo:

It's for all levels since there is a modifier! I have a group of people who are going to be doing it together and I have some people who have done two rounds on insanity, and some people who don't do anything other than walk a mile or two everyday. If you have any questions or want info let me know! How do you like power 90?

Quoting lhiannan:

Quoting akmaldo:

akmaldo
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I would do whatever feels right. I have never done p90x but I do know thay turbo is dancy so I could be kinda hard on your knee
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs...I am myself having a hard time....I am so ready for schoool to start and have a regular/normal schedule....so I can go to the gym!!!!!!!!!!!!   You are not alone!

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I see a lot of time in that schedule to fit in workouts. Me, personally, I would do it in the evening. I usually go to CrossFit at 7:15pm or run around 8pm. You have nothing going on in the evening so fit something in then. And do your cleaning and housework during your daytime breaks. I also agree with spending your time out wisely. Go to the park after taking your husband lunch until picking your kids up from school. The more active u can be the better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)