Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got the BEST compliment ever!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM
  • 10 Replies
4 moms liked this

Hi Ladies,

Okay, so my family and I just got back from visiting and vacationing with a friend in Oregon (we live 6+ hours away from her). The friend we were visiting is someone that I consider to be my best friend. She has known me at both my lowest and highest weights. Recently she moved away from us and I really wish we lived closer now.

Anyway, during our vacation my SO told me that my friend had made some awesome comments to him about me. She said stuff like "THIS is the girl I remember!" and "She is really beautiful, confident, and oh so cute!"

It just made me want to tear up when my SO told me all this stuff that my friend said because lately I REALLY feel much more confident and pretty. I haven't felt like myself in a long time and I'm finally starting to feel like the person I was before I had a baby and spent many painful....long...years... in college where I ate anything and everything in order to stay awake to get good grades.

I just felt on top of the world when I heard my friend's comments. It makes me want to keep on going with my workout plan/schedule and eating right because I don't want to go back to how I felt before I started losing weight.

Thanks for letting me share ladies! I just wanted to point out that even if you don't see the progress you are making.. your friends might see it. =) We all need to keep on going until we reach our goals =D

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annelauer
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:19 AM
That's awesome! Thank you for sharing!
wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Love it!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Aw, that's really sweet and cool!  =)  Good friend!!

Curious- where are you located?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MomofHDFandNWF
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM
2 moms liked this

That is definitely a grat feeling!  Use that to keep you motivated and just think how smokin' you will look the next time you see her....

shouting

RunningMommaof2
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:13 AM
That's awesome!
jdy9440
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

What a perfect compliment ! 

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:14 AM

simple smile

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

you rock

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Yeah, she is wonderful. I have known her since I was about. 17 =)

I live in Pullman, WA. It's a small college town out in the middle of nowhere. lol. Are you in WA state?

Quoting musicpisces:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Aw, nice!

I'm in northern CA.  I grew up in Eureka, but we live in Sebastopol (near Santa Rosa) now.  Eureka's not far from OR, so I thought I'd ask!  =)

Quoting ballerina18:

Yeah, she is wonderful. I have known her since I was about. 17 =)

I live in Pullman, WA. It's a small college town out in the middle of nowhere. lol. Are you in WA state?

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)