Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Night shift and weight loss? **Update #2 on pg 2**

Posted by   + Show Post
So I finally broke down and went today to the doctor for a complete physical. I explained to her my frustration about even though I've been working out 3 times a week at the gym, eating my BMR calories, drinking 3 L of water a day, I've actually gained almost 30 lbs since Jan! And lost no inches. Ugh!!!! She said she's heard this a lot from people who work night shift. They drew a lot of blood to check for everything under the sun, and she wants me to have a sleep study done. I feel so defeated. I work nights so I don't have to put my kids in daycare (dh works days) and earn enough to pay off some of our debt (we got hit hard when the market collapsed in 2008). Short of going to day shift, which would take a small miracle, what else can I do? Any other night shift workers out there with advice? I work 7pm-7:30am.
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Replies (11-16):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Many times when people write what you did, it's because they've sent a message about some *amazing* product they're selling, so some of us will warn people against that, because CM can cancel your account if that's what you're doing.  When we see red flag type responses, sometimes we'll try to give you a heads up of what's not okay within the group.  I hope you were able to help her out! =)

Quoting MathiasMom04:

I appreciate your concern but what I do through my own personal messages is between myself and the person I am talking to. As I understood it you could not blatanly adverstise or sell things on the forums which by the way I am not trying to drum up customers I am trying to help people with their weight loss in one way or another. I have a husband who works 3rd shift so I know what she is dealing with but thanks again for your concern. 

Quoting musicpisces:

I hope you're not selling something- using the group to drum up customers goes against the terms of service.  Please be aware of this.

Quoting MathiasMom04:

I sent you a pm..I have some ideas that might help you. Hope to hear from you. 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM
So I got a call from my doctor today and I have a UTI (that surprised me since I have no symptoms) my cholesterol is a little high. My iron levels are less than half of what they should be. She said that normal is above 50, mine are 23, which is concerning since I've been on prescription supplements for 6 months. Then she said that my blood levels are low, and there are "other problems" she wants me to come in to discuss. Gulp! My next appt is Thursday.
MathiasMom04
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I appreciate you letting me know but I mainly wanted to just meet new people and offer people help. I do sell for the fitness industry but I will not do it through here. If people want my help then I will provide it but I won't be selling anything on here. I am just wanting to grow my network. Thank you again for the information :]

Quoting musicpisces:

Many times when people write what you did, it's because they've sent a message about some *amazing* product they're selling, so some of us will warn people against that, because CM can cancel your account if that's what you're doing.  When we see red flag type responses, sometimes we'll try to give you a heads up of what's not okay within the group.  I hope you were able to help her out! =)

Quoting MathiasMom04:

I appreciate your concern but what I do through my own personal messages is between myself and the person I am talking to. As I understood it you could not blatanly adverstise or sell things on the forums which by the way I am not trying to drum up customers I am trying to help people with their weight loss in one way or another. I have a husband who works 3rd shift so I know what she is dealing with but thanks again for your concern. 

Quoting musicpisces:

I hope you're not selling something- using the group to drum up customers goes against the terms of service.  Please be aware of this.

Quoting MathiasMom04:

I sent you a pm..I have some ideas that might help you. Hope to hear from you. 

MathiasMom04
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM

At least you are getting some answers and hopefully it is nothing too serious that can't be taken care of and get you to feeling better. Fingers crossed for you!!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Good luck with your appointment!  Hopefully you guys can get to the root of the issues!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM
So I met with my doctor on Thursday and she said that while my iron levels are quite low, my hemoglobin levels are low normal. So she doesn't think we need to rush into iron infusions. She upped my iron prescription to twice a day and is having me take them with vit C to absorb better. I'll be rechecked in 3 months and see then if I need infusions.

The "other problems" happen to be my sed rate is quite elevated (a marker for inflammation). I've been having problems with my right hip for a while and just thought it was from being fat or that I hurt it at the gym. The doc is very concerned because my mom has rheumatoid arthritis and had more blood tests ordered. She wants me to see a rheumatologist. I really don't want to go through what my mom has been through :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN