Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Groin fat?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 8 Replies

So, I was wondering, is it possible to get rid of groin fat? Someone told me once that you couldn't, but one of the machines at my gym shows a little diagram of the muscles it uses and it show's those muscles. Does working those muscles take care of the fat in that area? Thank you for your responses!

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I'm not sure I understand exactly which area you mean.

But regardless of location, you can't spot-lose fat (boy how nice it would be if we could!).  The biggest factor is your food intake- the cleaner you eat, the better.  I have a journal with the basics of eating clean (click here). 

From there, strength training your WHOLE body, NOT just the trouble areas is really important.  Don't strength train the same muscle groups on the consecutive days, but you can strength train most days a week.  Cardio is also important, and mixing it up can help you from getting bored and from using the same few muscle groups over and over while ignoring others.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Zimmerchild
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

This was the best picture I could find for the basic area I mean. The area I'm talking about has the word layer on it.

I'm not working just my trouble areas, I was just curious about that area.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Ah, the mons pubis is the anatomical term for it.  Or the slang term is FUPA (fat upper p***y area)!  LOL

Mine has gone down as I've lost weight.  You can't really target that area- there isn't muscle there, really.  It's a fat deposit that's there to protect the pubic bones during "reproductive practices".  =)

Quoting Zimmerchild:

This was the best picture I could find for the basic area I mean. The area I'm talking about has the word layer on it.

Suzanne

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM
3 moms liked this
So the more fat, the more cushion for the pushin'?

Bow-chicka-bow-wow

Quoting musicpisces:

Ah, the mons pubis is the anatomical term for it.  Or the slang term is FUPA (fat upper p***y area)!  LOL

Mine has gone down as I've lost weight.  You can't really target that area- there isn't muscle there, really.  It's a fat deposit that's there to protect the pubic bones during "reproductive practices".  =)

Quoting Zimmerchild:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Hahahaha, that's one way to look at it!

lesbianssexy

Quoting beadingmom17:

Bow-chicka-bow-wow

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Zimmerchild:

Suzanne

Zimmerchild
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Well, if there is a chance of it going down, that's good. :D Thank you.

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM

LOL!!

Quoting beadingmom17:

Bow-chicka-bow-wow

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Zimmerchild:

RunningMommaof2
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I think I know what you mean. Mine went down a lot as I started doing a lot of cardio and losing weight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN