Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

When you go to the gym...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 21 Replies

Do you shower at the gym or wait until you get home? 

I shower at the gym. I just can't bring myself to sit in the car all sweaty for even the 10 minute drive home. But I've noticed that most people come in their gym clothes and don't shower after. I am assuming (hoping) they shower when they get home.

What do you do?

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM
If I'm going before work I'll shower at the gym. Otherwise I'd rather be in my own shower :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cj123573
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM
The showers aren't very big, so I generally go home. I will shower there if I'm working or going somewhere right after or if we go to the pool and I can use one of the family changing/shower rooms with my son. Also too much to carry in my gym bag if I don't need to
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM

If I work out at the gym, I usually shower at the gym.  But if I drive to a place to run, I keep a towel in the car that I put on my seat so that my sweaty back and butt aren't soaking my seat!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I never shower at the gym. It's just easier to show up at the gym ready to workout and leave that way. Then I don't have to bring a towel, shampoo..ect..

Also, I like to shower and then take a bubble bath at home =D

liquidvelvet
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Both of the gyms I go to are less than 10 minutes away from my house, so I just shower when I get home.
itsm3
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:52 AM

i hate showering in public places but when i used to go to the gym, i would shower there if i had to be somewhere or if not, i would go home and shower.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I go home and shower, I only get a certain amount of time my son can be in the child care and changing and showering cuts into my work out time.
Hanab818
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Shower at home. My gym is a 2 min drive so I'm never in the car long enough to stink it up. I just roll the windows down.
dee06
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM

If I know I will have to shower I make sure I go to a gym that has a changing room right outside the shower or right next to the shower so I don't have to walk around after or change in front of anyone. I won't change out in the open in the locker room at the gym like some people do. I have the black card membership at PF and there are a few around my home and work so I can choose the gym based on shower or no shower. 

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Haha I actually shower before e gym and then change clothes. My sweat was stinky when I first started working out, but as the weig came off I got less stinky. Of course I use a strong underarm deodorant, without that I would smell oniony.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)