Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get in enough calories?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm trying to get in better shape and just be healthier in general. I've been doing a fairly decent job at eating better & working out but since cutting out junk-food and sodas (for the most part) I know I'm not getting enough calories! What are some healthy ways to get more calories? I really didn't want to have to count calories but I have to make sure I'm eating enough! I'm still unsure of exactly how many I should be eating as well so any advice for figuring that out would be appreciated! Thanks ladies!
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Bump! I'm having the same problem. I'm under my BMR most days. Sometimes I add a peice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter. But that's my only tip...
JeremysMom
by Amy on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Nuts are a great way to eat healthy and add calories to reach your goal.

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM

^^I agree with the above. I usually have a spoonful of peanut butter in the morning. I also try to have a healthy meal/snack every ~3 hours.

little_mama83
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Thanks ladies! I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter but I do keep it around for the kids... so I now have a fall back if I run out of other stuff! I do really like other nuts... I used to eat them by the handful so I tend to think of them as unhealthy! Getting healthy is really important to me now though so I'm sure I could learn to eat them in moderation. I could probably even make up some tasty treats with peanut butter that are fairly healthy.

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I have 4 small meals and 2 or 3 snacks to keep metabolism even.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Must, fruits and veggies are what I fill up on most days.
mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I drink Shakeology with fruit every morning. And carry healthy snacks on me, Dried fruits Almonds things like that. Most of us use myfitnesspal for a calorie counter :)

BeccaBol
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I love the free website     loseit.com   it is great for knowing how many calories you should be eating, and they have some helpful tips!!

zombieskayer
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I have breakfast, a fruit 2 hours later, 2 hours later lunch, 2 hours later another fruit, 2 hours later dinner. 

little_mama83
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Quoting zombieskayer:

I have breakfast, a fruit 2 hours later, 2 hours later lunch, 2 hours later another fruit, 2 hours later dinner. 

I usually eat 3 meals plus snacks 3 or 4 times a day and it still wasn't enough for me without adding in the nuts (or junk food). How many calories do you get and what types of foods do you eat?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)