Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eating Clean at Work

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi Ladies,
I'm a teacher so this summer I've been eating clean and its been super simple because I cook all of our meals daily.. However I go back to work in a few weeks. I will also be making lunch for my 5yr old. My whole family is on the clean revolution as my SO calls it lol. Just looking for ideas or menu plans for lunch boxes. I got us some laptop bento box things now I'm not sure how to fill them. My daughter cannot take anything that needs to be reheated. During the school year I am sooo busy that I'm worried I will fall back into bad habits and undo my hard work this summer.
Thanks!
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mckinneymom918
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM
The soup sized thermos's are really great at keeping things hot. I send leftovers with my daughter often. I heat just a little longer than I normally would, and she says it stays warm.
ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I have a plantebox for my dd (age 5) and I like to look up planetbox photos for lunch ideas: Here is one photo I found online:

I like to mix fruits  with other fruits (same with veggies). So, if I give my dd strawberries I will have blueberries mixed in. I will cut cucumber and carrots and serve that together as well =)

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM
That's a good idea. Thanks!

Quoting mckinneymom918:

The soup sized thermos's are really great at keeping things hot. I send leftovers with my daughter often. I heat just a little longer than I normally would, and she says it stays warm.

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Wow that looks really cool!

Quoting ballerina18:

I have a plantebox for my dd (age 5) and I like to look up planetbox photos for lunch ideas: Here is one photo I found online:

I like to mix fruits  with other fruits (same with veggies). So, if I give my dd strawberries I will have blueberries mixed in. I will cut cucumber and carrots and serve that together as well =)

justahousewife
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM

If you put hot water in the thermos the night before it really does a better job at keeping the food warm all day. This is a trick I use when I spend the day hunting/hiking/whatever outdoor activity.

Quoting mckinneymom918:

itsm3
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM

dd prefers hot lunches so she has a small thermos to keep her food hot up to 5hrs.  she usually gets left overs from the night before (dinner) and then i pack her a themos of water, 2 snacks (tupper ware of raw veggies and fruit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)