Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doing Tough Mudder in the morning...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 14 Replies
4 moms liked this

And I'm a nervous wreck!  LOL  I know I'll be okay, and I am SOOOO glad DH decided to take DS and go watch!  Just a ball of nerves today/tonight.  But very excited!!

For those who aren't familiar:

http://toughmudder.com/about/

I'm dong the one in Tahoe in the AM!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Woot woot!!!! Can't wait for your text tomorrow evening!! Ill be thinking about you around 1:30pm my time :) good luck! You're gonna rock it!!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Here's a great video with the obstacles.  Doesn't look too bad, really!  =)  But doing it at 6500+ feet when I live at sea level, with ski resort inclines, will be interesting!  LOL

Suzanne

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, god, we're climbing the summit!!  LOL  YIKES!!

An e-mail from TM:

Tahoe Mudders,

Today is better than every other Friday: it's a Tough Mudder Weekend Friday. A badass mountain course awaits you at Northstar California Resort with obstacles that will push your limits. It's going to be a hot one with temperatures in the 80s and full sun. Make sure to wear waterproof sunscreen and hydrate tons at the six water stations along the course and before the event, too. In fact, go chug water right now. We want the course to kick your ass - not the weather.

Get pumped: this mountain course is one of the most demanding courses Tough Mudder has ever designed.  As usual, camaraderie will be crucial for this challenge - your teammates and fellow Mudders will help you get to the finish. Even the most seasoned Mudders are going to be put to the test for the first brutal 5 miles of uphill climbing to a peak of over 8,600 feet.  After you've reached the summit, it's no breezy jog down a mountain. You'll be descending rapidly over loose rocky terrain, so you'd better watch your step (and not just the scenery) on the way down.  Remember, it's not a race - it's a challenge.

Suzanne

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Have fun! Good luck!
Cuddlyknuckle
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM

woot! Woot! You can do it!

soon2Btwins
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!
Mellodoon
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I hope it was awesome & I bet you did great! i read your posts all the time! please do a follow up post telling us all about it !!
I want to do the Spartan Race or Tough Mudder next year :))
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
How'd it go?
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM

oh just seeing this! our town hosted the one in Oregon and I love watching all the photos come across fb from their page lol my fiance and I plan on doing one next year

soon2Btwins
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I am in Oregon as well!

Quoting Nicolle_09:

oh just seeing this! our town hosted the one in Oregon and I love watching all the photos come across fb from their page lol my fiance and I plan on doing one next year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)