Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

nursing and trying to loose weight

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 4 Replies
The first 7 weeks after I had my daughter eating right and walking I lost 38lbs. I have 12 more I really want to loose but I can't cut down what I'm eating because of nursing, and I've been doing cardio. She is 10 weeks now and I have not lost a pound or inch since she was 7 weeks. Any tips?
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Losing 38lbs in 7 weeks is a lot. I would exercise and eat the amount of calories a nursing Mom needs. It will take time for the last 12. Unfortunatly, most of us never get back down to a goal weight or 10lbs from it. You are doing very very well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM

If you give us your age, height, weight, the number of days per week you are working out and a reminder that you are BFIng we can do your BMR and give you a range to eat within daily to lose 1 lb per week. 

Also, you need to incorporate strength training and flexibility to your regimen if you really want an effective weight loss. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

armywife2408
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I'm 25, 5'9'' and 170 lbs. I work out 5 days a week for an hour.

Quoting mcginnisc:

If you give us your age, height, weight, the number of days per week you are working out and a reminder that you are BFIng we can do your BMR and give you a range to eat within daily to lose 1 lb per week. 

Also, you need to incorporate strength training and flexibility to your regimen if you really want an effective weight loss. :-) 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting armywife2408:

I'm 25, 5'9'' and 170 lbs. I work out 5 days a week for an hour.

Quoting mcginnisc:

BMR: 1601+500 ( Bfing)=2101

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week: 2101*1.55=3256

To lose 1 lb per week: 3256-500=2756

Your ideal calorie range while working out 3-5 days per week and BFing is 2101-2756 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN