Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

These last 5 pounds....

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 13 Replies

are KILLING me!  LOL 

They are SO SLOW to come off, and it's all in my abdomen.  grrrr......

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Liz132
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I have ten that just won't leave so I know your pain! I'm breastfeeding so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, like my body just really wanting to hang on to some extra weight or what.

rosiemarie
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM
If you just drop to 1000 cals for the week making sure you journal food so as to not go over you'll at least lose two. Add exercise and it might be more.
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I hear ya!  My abdomen is th worst !!!!!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM

They'll be gone by tomorrow if this keeps up....

....I had a piece of flatbread pizza and the gluten in the crust is wreaking havoc on my digestive system.  I've been in the bathroom WAY too many times today!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

They'll be gone by tomorrow if this keeps up....

....I had a piece of flatbread pizza and the gluten in the crust is wreaking havoc on my digestive system.  I've been in the bathroom WAY too many times today!

YES, I know better!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama!

roxysmommy
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Me too :( But I do notice it shrinking...but sooooo slowly! I keep telling myself it will all  be gone given time.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Quoting roxysmommy:

Me too :( But I do notice it shrinking...but sooooo slowly! I keep telling myself it will all  be gone given time.

That's what I keep telling myself, too....it took 27 years to get there, it's not going to be gone in 27 days  LOL

roxysmommy
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Have you taken pictures of your midsection in the past? I've been doing it every few weeks and it helps to look back at them too see the difference.

I've also noticed that my jeans are fitting differently around my middle as well. I'm losing the fat in all the vanity areas now, like the extra padding on my hips toward my back (muffintop area I suppose) and on the side of my abs, so it's just in the middle now that I have fat. Slow but it is improving.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting roxysmommy:

That's what I keep telling myself, too....it took 27 years to get there, it's not going to be gone in 27 days  LOL

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I haven't taken pics, but I have noticed a big difference.  I used to look as if I were permanently 6 months pregnant (my baby is 13 yrs old) and now my abdomen is flat on the sides and I just have this loose skin (5 babies, 3 of them large do that to ya) with fat under it.

Jeans are definitely fitting differently!  I don't have the money for a whole new wardrobe, so I just wear baggy clothes for the most part.  Today I put on capris that I haven't worn in several years...they fit, although a bit loose!  I also put on one of my 13 yr old DD's sweaters  and it fits beautifully!  I sure don't look like I'm 6 months preggo anymore!

Quoting roxysmommy:

Have you taken pictures of your midsection in the past? I've been doing it every few weeks and it helps to look back at them too see the difference.

I've also noticed that my jeans are fitting differently around my middle as well. I'm losing the fat in all the vanity areas now, like the extra padding on my hips toward my back (muffintop area I suppose) and on the side of my abs, so it's just in the middle now that I have fat. Slow but it is improving.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting roxysmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN