Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

are KILLING me!  LOL 

They are SO SLOW to come off, and it's all in my abdomen.  grrrr......

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (11-13):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM

....and my chiropractor commented on my weight loss this morning  (3 lb. in 10 days) !

tairakittie
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been working on the "last 5lbs" for about 2 years now and I have discovered that there is no "last 5lbs", there is your body and how you carry muscle and fat. I have since lost that 5lbs and the fat/excess skin over my abs is getting smaller and smaller as the days go by, but im not losing any more weight, just turning fat into muscle. All you can do is keep going, keep eating right and eventually you will get to where you want to be. :)

roxysmommy
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I hope you're able to buy a new wardrobe soon, or at least start to update a few pieces. I did that around tax time and it felt so good to have clothes that fit and to be buying sizes that I hadn't worn since high school! 

Quoting michiganmom116:

I haven't taken pics, but I have noticed a big difference.  I used to look as if I were permanently 6 months pregnant (my baby is 13 yrs old) and now my abdomen is flat on the sides and I just have this loose skin (5 babies, 3 of them large do that to ya) with fat under it.

Jeans are definitely fitting differently!  I don't have the money for a whole new wardrobe, so I just wear baggy clothes for the most part.  Today I put on capris that I haven't worn in several years...they fit, although a bit loose!  I also put on one of my 13 yr old DD's sweaters  and it fits beautifully!  I sure don't look like I'm 6 months preggo anymore!

Quoting roxysmommy:

Have you taken pictures of your midsection in the past? I've been doing it every few weeks and it helps to look back at them too see the difference.

I've also noticed that my jeans are fitting differently around my middle as well. I'm losing the fat in all the vanity areas now, like the extra padding on my hips toward my back (muffintop area I suppose) and on the side of my abs, so it's just in the middle now that I have fat. Slow but it is improving.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting roxysmommy:

Me too :( But I do notice it shrinking...but sooooo slowly! I keep telling myself it will all  be gone given time.

That's what I keep telling myself, too....it took 27 years to get there, it's not going to be gone in 27 days  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)