Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

HappyGirl77's Insanity Journal

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 32 Replies

Day 1:  I started Insanity today.  I had to take before pics, measurments and weight.  I am going running tonight.  My goal is to lose about 12-15 lbs over the next 60 days.  I did the fit test today and the program calls for working out 6 days/week.  I am feeling positive and think this journal will help keep me accountable.

My husband is not 100% supportive of me doing this; but that is giving me more motivation.

Cheers to Day 1!!!on vacation

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:38 PM
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Go for it!

Sometimes the best motivation, I know for me, is someone saying I can't do it. 

Are you on FB? 

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Day 4:  So I totally forgot to post on Day 2 and we were gone ALL day yesterday, so I did not get a chance.

So far so good.  Keeping up with the workouts and eating decently!  I am down 1 lb so far...and plan to keep making better and cleaner choices for food.  My husband comes home tomorrow from being out of town all week so it will definitely start to be a challenge to keep this going...I am determined though!  We are having friends over for dinner tomorrow night and I am making lasagna...going to have to keep the portions small!  

I am loving the insanity videos so far...they are definitely motivational and I love the bar at the bottom that lets me know how much longer I have!

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I am on FB, but I share with my husband, so I don't post a whole lot on there.  Hence the reason I joined Cafe Mom :)

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Okay...it is Saturday and I went for a 3.5 mi run.  My husband is home and I have not been able to do insanity for 2 days.  I have decided to keep running and start again on Monday.  I got 3 insanity workouts in this week and 3 runs...but I feel like I need to do it every day like the program says.  So I am starting from scratch on Monday with the cardio dvd.  I want to lose 13 lbs by my son's birthday in September...and my brother is getting married in November so that will also be great motivation.  Feeling happy...which is a change from most days lately.  I am trying to get my optimistic attitude back...here is to day 1 of feeling happy....again :)love you sign

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Okay...I am restarting Day one (even though I did work out every day last week except Friday).  I did not get to do the entire Insanity every day so a few days were just running.

Anyway, today I had a GREAT Insanity workout and then jogged 2 miles.  I am having a fruit smoothie for breakfast and then off to run errancs.  My dh is a bit upset that I am trying to lose weight; but I told him I am really just trying to gain muscle and get in AWESOME shape.  I want to become a personal trainer over the next year so that is my ultimate goal.  I am feeling really good today! Hope it lasts!!! wink

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM

had a great workout this mornig and then cleaned the house like crazy for 2 hours (I count that as a 2nd workout :)).  Now just keeping my eating on track...so far so good!

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Well, It is Thursday and so far this week my workouts have been great.  Ran 5 miles yesterday; but skipped Insanity...sometimes working out with a friend is more important...so I chose to run!  

My eating has been going pretty well and I am doing great on cutting most of the processed sugar out.  My parents are coming today and we are going out for lunch AND dinner and then out to lunch again tomorrow.  i am going running and doing Insanity this morning in preparation!  LOL  Definitely going to be a challenge not to eat like total crap since we are going out to eat...but hopefully there are good choices to be made!

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I have been doing great on the Insanity and running front.  As for eating...friday and Saturday sucked, but back at it today!  My birthday is Friday and I am determined to eat well and exercise (taking today off though) until then...hopefully be down an lb or 2 :)  

I figured I would take today off of exercising since I have exercised 7 days in a row and I need to give my body a break.  Talked to my dh about getting my personal trainer's certificate and he is totally on board with it so I am SOOOO excited!!!  

devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:32 PM

You sound like you are doing great! One thing that helps me is keeping track of what I eat on myfitnesspal, and water, lot of water, that helps too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)