Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

BMR PLEASE

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 8 Replies
190lbs, 5'4, 33 yr old workout 5 days a week. Thanks!!!
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM
BMR:1627
Maintenance: 1627*1.55=2521
To lose 1 lb per week: 2521-500=2021
Your ideal calorie range is 1627-2021 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sumtermom3
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Ok another question... if I'm eating 1627 do I add back in work I burn working out? Trying to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I know probably a dumb question :)
melaniecerise
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I am not sure how all this bmr stuff works can you explain it to me and tell me what I need to give you for you to calculate mine

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM
All you have to do is eat within the range I gave you. If you use my numbers you do not worry about eating back calories as I have accounted for exercise already.

Quoting sumtermom3:

Ok another question... if I'm eating 1627 do I add back in work I burn working out? Trying to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I know probably a dumb question :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Tel quick rundown as my dd has swiped my laptop to play a game and my phone is about to croak. LOL
BMR is the number of calories your body needs to function and be inactive- think digestion, blood flow and organ functions. Once you add activity of any kind you have to consume more to offset that activity and to avoid "starvation mode".
To calculate it, we need your age,height,weight, if you are breastfeeding and how many days per week you workout.

Quoting melaniecerise:

I am not sure how all this bmr stuff works can you explain it to me and tell me what I need to give you for you to calculate mine

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melaniecerise
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I am 25. I weigh 175. I am 5'6. and I work out 2-3 times a week
Quoting mcginnisc:

Tel quick rundown as my dd has swiped my laptop to play a game and my phone is about to croak. LOL
BMR is the number of calories your body needs to function and be inactive- think digestion, blood flow and organ functions. Once you add activity of any kind you have to consume more to offset that activity and to avoid "starvation mode".
To calculate it, we need your age,height,weight, if you are breastfeeding and how many days per week you workout.

Quoting melaniecerise:

sumtermom3
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Thanks!! That's what I thought.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Quoting melaniecerise:

I am 25. I weigh 175. I am 5'6. and I work out 2-3 times a week
Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting melaniecerise:

BMR: 1608

Maintenance while working out 1-3 days per week: 1608*1.375=2211

To lose 1 lb per week: 2211-500=1711

Your ideal calorie range is 1608-1711 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)