Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Exercise.......morning or evening?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 29 Replies

Just curious about what time of day everyone works out.  I normally do it in the evenings, but I am thinking of possibly switching to mornings.  I work full time so I really want to be able to spend my evenings enjoying my family and doing what I need to do around the house.  I was thinking of getting up earlier in the mornings to do it.  For those of you who  do it in the mornings, do you eat breakfast first or after the workout?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I'm definitely a morning exerciser. If I can't get it fine in the morning, then I will do it later but I'd rather not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manamott
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I'm a new found morning exerciser! I get up at 6am and go for my walk/jog all by myself! It's spectacular. I eat after I get home.
ProudMommy51006
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Morning :) i usually have my smoothie at 7:30 and then get on the treadmill at 8-8:30
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Oh and I just have coffee beforehand, then breakfast after.

Quoting Lesgerm:

I'm definitely a morning exerciser. If I can't get it fine in the morning, then I will do it later but I'd rather not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abc799
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Wow, surprised everyone so far has said morning!  I am definitely leaning toward changing to a morning exercise routine, it's just going to be a shock getting up earlier.  I assume after a few weeks my body will adjust.  I have always been one who loves to sleep until the last possible minute, so I'm definitely going to have to break that habit. lol

susieQ680
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM

i workout when i put my son in the bed

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I do both-  in fact today I did both- zumba at 9:30am then Piyo at 4:30 followed by another zumba class right after

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I worked out after the kids went to bed for over a year. Now I go to the gym on my lunch break. On the occasion I work out In the morning, I'll usually have something small like 1 egg and 1 banana before and then more after.
mckinneymom918
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:48 PM
When I started in April, I was running at night after the kids got in bed. Mostly because my baby was/is still getting up a lot in the night. But before we went on vacation last month, I switched to mornings and I love it. I get up between 6 and 6:30 and run 5 days and I'm going to start walking on the other mornings, and then get home and do yoga for runners to stretch. I still have time to shower and do my bible reading and still no one else is up! Makes my days better!
cj123573
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I prefer later morning which my work schedule allows, so that helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)