Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Insanity workouts

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:34 AM
  • 14 Replies
So I started doing the insanity workout dvds yesterday and was wondering if any of you are doing them also, I woke up sore today but I'm trying to not let it get me in the mood to be in bed all day.

I have to do disc two today and I'm not looking forward to it at all but I'm gonna do it anyway lol.

It'll be cool if some of you are doing this workout also so we can keep eachother motivated 80)
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Hey!

I'm not doing Insanity, but rather Focus T25 - by Shaun T also.  Keep at Insanity.  You may be sore the first week or so but you'd be surprised at how your body will start getting stronger and get accustomed to it. 

Are you on FB?

sopita
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Hey, yea my body is sore right now lol
I feel like just laying in bed today and that's it but
no I have to do disc 2, I can't let myself get in my way.

Yes I have fb 80)

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:57 AM

You'll probably be sore for a few to several days.  Don't overdo it and cripple yourself, and BE SURE to do all of the cool down exercises.  That was my mistake and by Day 4 I could barely walk.

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi...I am doing insanity also....I started yesterday with the fit test.  I am doing the first official workout today and following the calendar.  I am eating as best as I can, but not EXACTLY what is in the book.  I am also running 4-5 times/week (as I love running and don't want to give it up).  I started a workout journal on here...HappyGirl77's Insanity journal...I figure it will help keep me accountable.  I am going to post before and after pics once I complete the 60 days on September 15th.  Good luck!!!

roxysmommy

I got all the way to phase 2 and had to stop, it was really rough on my knees. I still incorporate some of the moves that I learned that weren't hard on my joints.

sopita
I just finished disc 2 n omg I sweated like crazy.
I did start feeling nauseous though so I stopped with 11 minutes left of the dvd
I didn't want to over work my body because I can't afford to end up out of commission,
Maybe tomorrows dvd ill be able to do it entirely n I won't get nauseous
ame85
by Amber on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I love Insanity! It is hard on my knees, though so I had to take a break.

Maybe I should start back up next week! The results of your second fit test will amaze you :)
sopita
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Wow congrats on getting to phase 2, yea it's a good thing you stopped doing it you can't afford to let your knees give out because you want to loose weight or tone up, it's awesome that you found some moves that u can still do so that u can continue to be fit
Good luck with everything 80)
sopita
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Yea give ur knees a break if you need it but don't start up again unless ur really sure that ur knees can take it.

I hope my results are awesome next fit test lol yesterday's were ok lol
akmaldo
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Congrats on starting!! :) I only have about 6 days left until I finish my fist round! :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN