Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fitbit Flex

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

So, most of you oldies know that I used a bodybugg for several years and loved it. Well, I decided I needed something that I was not paying a monthly fee for, so I began researching new devices. I checked out the Fitbit Flex, the Jawbone UP, and the Withings...The Up had horrible reviews, so I decided against it quickly...it was between the Flex and the Withings. Imagine my shock when I was in Target and found a Fitbit Flex. I decided not to get it that day, but kept thinking about it. Well, today, I could stand it no longer. I went to Target and bought one today. 

It took me almost 4 hours to get the software installed onto my netbook. It almost drove me insane. I have one really HUGE beef with FItbit- There is NO PHONE ASSISTANCE!!! Only email!! Yeah..that is helpful...it honestly, ticked me off royally when I was having serious issues with it and could not get any help at all. Finally, my netbook decided to accept it. Then, the dongle wouldn't work- I kept getting an error that it was unplugged and it was plugged into the computer the whole time. About 10 minutes ago..after going completely nuts, the dongle synced with the Flex. Hallelujah! 

I am now wearing a Fitbit Flex... I hope it is worth all of the headache it gave me. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Good luck!  My sister in law has one and she said it's okay...she had a Fitbit One or Ultra (can't remember) and then got the Flex when it came out.  It doesn't tend to read very well...so she says...it did break while we were just on vacation too.  Hope you have better luck with yours!  She was kind of rough with hers though....she's a mess!  LOL!

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I've been debating getting one. I set it as my reward for finishing my 30 day challenge. I'm still going back and forth though. Originally I was going to the the one, but then i started thinking of getting the flex

MamaJessx3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Haha, friend me on there!!
RaisnKids
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I have had the fitbit one for the past month and LOVE it!  It installed quickly on my ipad 3rd generation and computer.  I have lost 5 lbs. and it works extremely well with my heptic day.  Love seeing my sleeping patterns and it forces me to get to bed earlier too.  I did purchase a leash for it to ensure my investment doesn't get lost.  :)

Peg in Iowa

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I've heard some about these but what is the benefit of using one? What do they do exactly and how do you use the information provided in order to help you meet your goals?

SharPei2
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I've had the 'one' since last november and love it.  If I don't reach my daily goal by the time I check it I know I need to got for another walk.

Hanab818
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM
That sucks. I just replaced my Nike fuel band for the fit bit one. I love this thing. It Is freaking awesome. Have fun with your new toy.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Quoting LalasMommy1125:

I've heard some about these but what is the benefit of using one? What do they do exactly and how do you use the information provided in order to help you meet your goals?

The benefit is that it gives you an overall calorie count for the day. You are able to see your daily deficit based off of how many calories your body is burning daily. It is very easy to see if you are getting that 500 calorie deficit daily to achieve that 1 lb loss weekly. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Ok thanks!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting LalasMommy1125:

The benefit is that it gives you an overall calorie count for the day. You are able to see your daily deficit based off of how many calories your body is burning daily. It is very easy to see if you are getting that 500 calorie deficit daily to achieve that 1 lb loss weekly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)