Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
OK so I don't know if I'm being stupid or not but I finally broke down and got a heart rate monitor. A chest strap one. Well I worked out with it for the first time tonight and I am so confused as to the calorie part. It says it counts it in kcals and that I burnt 538. But if I converted into calories its like 538000 or something like that. So how in the world do I read that data.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:20 AM

A kcal is a calorie. So, you burned 538 calories while working out. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Hanab818
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Thanks. Now I feel really stupid that it was that simple.

Quoting mcginnisc:

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting mcginnisc:

There is no such thing as a stupid question...don't feel stupid. It takes time to learn everything...I know most of the things I know because I am studying to be a Personal Trainer. :-) 

Claire

Hanab818
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM
thanks! And I have another question for you. I have fat thighs. Like a lot. What exercises can I do to tone out my legs, lose fat but not bulk up? I have access to a gym. I'm good with upper and what to do to get what I want but when it comes to legs I'm so lost.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting mcginnisc:

There is no such thing as a stupid question...don't feel stupid. It takes time to learn everything...I know most of the things I know because I am studying to be a Personal Trainer. :-) 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Quoting Hanab818:

thanks! And I have another question for you. I have fat thighs. Like a lot. What exercises can I do to tone out my legs, lose fat but not bulk up? I have access to a gym. I'm good with upper and what to do to get what I want but when it comes to legs I'm so lost.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Squats are great for your thighs..as is running. 

Claire

Hanab818
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I can do squats, running will be a problem. I hate running. I prefer bike or elliptical.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting mcginnisc:

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Quoting Hanab818:

I can do squats, running will be a problem. I hate running. I prefer bike or elliptical.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Running is definitely a personal thing. LOL... Me, I'm a runner, but I know a ton of people don't like it. 

Claire

Hanab818
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)