Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

2 issues: calories and shakeology

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:28 AM
  • 23 Replies
1. For those counting calories, are you eating the calories you lost through exercise as long as you stay at your target intake or are you just focusing on the food intake to reach target regardless of exercise calories lost?

2. A friend of mine told me about shakeology. For those that have tried it...do you like it? Do you like the taste? How convenient was it for you to use? I don't want to buy it...its expensive. ...unless I feel I can really use it. By the way, im a very busy mom...work full time, volunteer, and all 3 kids in sports...so I want to make sure it fits my lifestyle also.
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I only eat within my caloric range that already includes exercise. 

Shakeology- I have not used it...even when I was a coach, I refused to use it. I don't drink my calories ( with the exception of an occasional glass of wine or Starbucks as a rare treat) at all. I have found that I can eat whole foods and be just fine. I don't want to spend $130 per month on a shake, which is about $4 per shake, when I can have a meal for cheaper than that already. It's just not for me. 

Good luck on making your decision. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

cc5112
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM

My husband and I both drink Shakeology. We currently buy the tropical strawberry and will be replacing it with the new vanilla one. I usually follow the recommended recipes. It's very easy for us to have in the morning. We add bananas, papaya, or frozen berries. It's satisfying and satiates my appetite for a few hours. 

The taste is good. We are going to vanilla flavor because we want more flexibility in adding fruits or flavoring.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I take Shakeology and love it.  I'm a full-time working mom who commutes into NYC so time is a factor for me and I drink it in the mornings before I leave.  It tastes great and I add things like bananas, strawberries, papayas, blueberries, frozen fruit and sometimes make it with yogurt or kefir or almond or soy milk.  It's flexible and nutrient dense and works really well with a busy lifestyle because it does provide you with vitamins and nutrients and helps keep me full.  I drink a shake in the morning before I leave for work at around 6 am and I get into work at around 8:30.  Around 9 am, I drink coffee and have some fruit or yogurt.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I've used it a few times. It's a nice change up..... I make it more like a shake and its very filling and good.
JoJoBean8
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I have never tried shakeology but i make a green smoothie every morning.
mrsc19
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM

for me, i do not eat the calories i lose through exercise.... and i want to try shakology but in the past i have bought meal replacement things at gnc and it was a waste of money bc i didnt end up liking them. ive found that i like the slimfast creamy chocolate....

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I had my calorie range figured and stick within that

as for shakes, none for me

Jenndill
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I do eat the calories lost through exercise. I am 33 weeks pregnant, and will be breastfeeding after baby arrives. I drink Shakeology and love it! I drink the chocolate flavor. I have not ever used it for weight loss. It is more of a supplement/snack for me. It is filled with so many great nutrients and super-foods from across the globe. It helps so much with digestion and energy. I love it. Many use it for weight loss. You can still eat plenty of healthy, whole, and clean foods while using it. it easily fits into any lifestyle, and can be used long term. Many people take multivitamins, and this is a perfect way to supplement, with so many more benefits to it. It fits perfectly into a busy lifestyle! It has anywhere from 130-160 calories a serving, so you can obviously add to it to make it more like a meal, or add just almond milk. It provides an entire days worth of fruits and veggies (vitamins and minerals), and packs about 17 grams of protein (important for weight training). I love it, and always recommend it anytime someone asks about it!
buffalove23
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I drink Garden of life raw protein mix with unsweetened plain almond milk every once in a while if I need to have something for breakfast and have nothing that sounds good in the house. It keeps me as full as when I have my english muffin with nut butter, but it's kind of gritty because I don't have a blender. I've never tried shakeology just because it's so expensive.
susieQ680
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM

yea i liked it alot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)