Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Vitamins?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:35 AM
  • 5 Replies
Do you take Vitamins/Supplements? If so what kind? If not why?

I only take my Womens One A Day,B-12 and Biotin. I've heard women say they've taken this,that and the other but not really saying why they take it so I'm just curious.
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I don't take any.  I follow a well-rounded nutrient-dense diet with plenty of organic foods grown in a sustainable living soil or raised on sunny pastures or in the wild (think fish, venison.)  I don't eat junk foods or foods that deplete nutrients from my body. 

....and I feel great!

ETA:  I take that back.   The only time I'll ever take a supplement is when we have been exposed to colds and/or flu....I'll take extra vitamin C.

dee06
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I was taking magnesium for awhile because I heard it would help with my night time leg cramps. I was taking calcium and iron because my doctor told me to. I was taking the biotin because I heard it was great for hair and nails. I say was for all of those because I was but I stopped for a bit while I was sick and just haven't started back up again. I am trying to start again. 

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I take a multi vitamin/multi mineral, omega 3 and a grape seed extract. I eat healthy but I wonder how many nutrients are still in our food after our soils are so depleted and other processing. I rarely get sick and know that my vitamins are at least 95% absorbed....mine have a patent on it to prove the absorption rate.

cj123573
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I'm pregnant right now, so I take a prenatal, but regularly I take a multi-vitamin made by Nature Maid, I use gelcaps as I've heard they dissolve better and you get more of the nutrients out of them.  I do need to take vitamins, I really struggle with proper food intake, I like very few vegetables and I have been borderline anemic...but that was a couple of years ago, not sure if that's the case anymore. 

Navix
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Even though taking vitamins can have a lot of health benefits, over using can actually be less beneficial for you so just be careful with the amount you take in. Click here to see a really good article and infographic on vitamins and just what you're putting into your body. This gives a side by side comparison of vitamins in relation to food you would be consuming, very interesting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN