Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

down today

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

feeling pretty down today. been on my 90 day challenge for almost 30 days. not seeing a real result. i know it didnt take 90 days for me to get like this but ive been like this for so long that i just want to see it gone.

5'8 starting at 221 im now at 211. doesnt feel or look like 10 lbs is gone from anywhere on my body. i didnt do measurements but ive been walking anywhere from 2-6miles a day (treadmill) that doesnt count the normal day to day activities. 60 more days seems like an eternity. i see peoples before and after pictures or even the before and middle 30,60 day pictures and i dont even compare no matter how hard im working at it. i know i wont look like everyone else but id like to see a difference. or at least see/feel that my hard work is paying off. i have had 4 children, boy 8, girl almost 5(RIP), boy almost 4, and boy 6months. i gained and weighed more with the last one and still trying to get it off. im under where i started at pregnancy but still doesnt feel like enough. i want my stomach gone im tied of having the muffin top with people staring. i litteraly live in a sweater. my DH hates it. i usually dont go anywhere without one either on or so i can put it on if i get uncomfortable. it could be 100 degrees and im still in a sweater cause i hate the way my body looks. yes i know i have had 4 kids and im 30 but i feel like i look older and i look like a walking blob. cloths dont fit right and if they do i still change a thousand times. :( just want to be happy.

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mem82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I didn't notice a real change in anything until I lost about 25lbs. Just keep at it. Try to feel good about being ble to treadmill longer or not get out of breath as quick.

little_mama83
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Everyone is going to make progress at their own pace. You may not feel like you're seeing any progress and 60 more days may seem like forever but just think; if you keep at it, at your current rate... you'll be down 30 Lbs at the end! You'll definitely see a difference then! Just try to think positively and be proud of the 10 Lbs you've already lost, it's definitely progress, even if you don't see it yet.

calsmom62
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM
who stares at you? relax and toss the sweater. you are who you are curvy or not. your own anxiety is causing you more consternation than need be. if you are making healthy choices you will see improvement but like you said it wont happen fast.
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

10 pounds in 30 days is awesome. Sometimes you won't really notice a difference in your self until you've lost 20 or so pounds. I know not seeing a difference can be frustrating, but keep with it and you will get there. Sometimes I like to think of each quarter pound lost as a stick of butter. So you've lost 40 sticks of butter so far. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN