Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Your Glory Days

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

How many of you are trying to get back to a weight/size you were in the past? I've been looking through old photos and they're some weird combination of motivating and depressing. I know I'll never have that body back but it was never perfect anyway (though it's looking pretty close in retrospect!), I never really liked my body but I was at least comfortable... I think I can get that back again, and maybe since I have to work towards it this time I'll even be happier. The only time I was really HAPPY with my body was at about age 15 and I don't want the body of a 15 year old again... oh, and when I was pregnant, I looked really cute pregnant IMHO... don't want that again either though! I guess really I don't know what I want my body to look like, I just know this isn't it!

I'd love to see pics of you ladies' glory days coupled with your current progress!

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I want the waist size I had when I graduated AF basic training. I was pretty confident with my body in HS and right when I joined the military. But I don't want to go back to that exactly... I want to get shredded. Totally different goal from my past and current body type

itsm3
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM

i'm back to the size i was when i was in highschool but in way better shape. in fact, i'm in the best shape of my life!

i'm 37 btw.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I want to get to where I feel more comfortable and confident. Not necessarily where I was before, just a better place than I am now.

L.A.F.outloud
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Right now my goal is to get back under 200 which I haven't been since I was 32 years old.

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I was an athlete in college and at my best then.  I don't really have pictures with me though.  I had 16% body fat back then.  I am naturally muscular and in the past couple of years I've really gained a lot of weight.

I lost a lot for my wedding and was at my ideal on the day of my wedding but gained it all back and then some after that. I didn't get enough time to appreciate my body at this time.

Now, I just want to get between 130-140....about 20-30 pounds away. 

babydust224
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM

This is me at my happiest weight and me at my most unhealthy weight. When I think of "glory days" I think of the before picture. THATS what I want back.

little_mama83
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:28 AM

This is pretty much how I looked in my adult life pre-baby. I was a little heavier a few times but it was never really proportioned well... it never looked flabby like it started to do after the babies but my belly would pooch out sometimes... I generally didn't mind but don't really have any pictures.

This one is a current photo... I've made a lot of progress in a month. It was really flabby looking 4 weeks ago! I've lost about 3 or 4 inches around the belly.

And just for good measure here's me prego!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN