Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Help

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
Im starting today, little to No processed food. What does a typical meal look like? Any ideas on meals? I'm doing this mostly for the health benefits and if it helps me in the weightloss then that's just peachy lol
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Clean eating and cutting out the processed food is definitely the way to go.

I don't really have any specific meal plans in place but maybe this link will help you. Go down to the section titled Eat Healthier Foods.

L.A.F.outloud
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I would say a salad and maybe a chicken breast and some green beans and carrots.  And a fruitcup for dessert.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM

mmmm, we just had chicken alfredo tonight....I had the chicken & sauce over salad greens w/ diced peppers and sliced carrot instead of pasta.  The alfredo sauce is made from scratch...very simple.

meatloaf, baked potatoes, steamed veggies

oven baked chicken with oven fries and veggies

roasted chicken, baked sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli

beef roast, potatoes, carrots

pork chops baked w/diced peppers/onions/tomatoes, can serve over steamed rice

frittatas made with eggs, choice of meat, and veggies baked in a pan

small steak, baked potato, salad

garden burgers (burger mixed with summer squash, onion, spinach, diced broccoli, etc. then broiled,no bun), salad

taco salad:  taco meat (seasoning made from your own spices), tomatoes, cheese if you want, sliced black olives, plenty of salad greens, dressing made from sour cream (full fat) and homemade salsa. 

soups & stews made from scratch

broiled steak or chicken breast w/homemade Spanish rice and a salad

taco burgers (no bun) topped with homemade guacamole, served with sliced tomato...maybe some Spanish rice

There are plenty of recipes for making your own salad dressings, sauces, and seasoning mixes.

I use my crockpot to cook cuts of meat that would otherwise be dry without a gravy or sauce...sometimes I'll add homemade broth

prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Quoting michiganmom116:

mmmm, we just had chicken alfredo tonight....I had the chicken & sauce over salad greens w/ diced peppers and sliced carrot instead of pasta.  The alfredo sauce is made from scratch...very simple.

meatloaf, baked potatoes, steamed veggies

oven baked chicken with oven fries and veggies

roasted chicken, baked sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli

beef roast, potatoes, carrots

pork chops baked w/diced peppers/onions/tomatoes, can serve over steamed rice

frittatas made with eggs, choice of meat, and veggies baked in a pan

small steak, baked potato, salad

garden burgers (burger mixed with summer squash, onion, spinach, diced broccoli, etc. then broiled,no bun), salad

taco salad:  taco meat (seasoning made from your own spices), tomatoes, cheese if you want, sliced black olives, plenty of salad greens, dressing made from sour cream (full fat) and homemade salsa. 

soups & stews made from scratch

broiled steak or chicken breast w/homemade Spanish rice and a salad

taco burgers (no bun) topped with homemade guacamole, served with sliced tomato...maybe some Spanish rice

There are plenty of recipes for making your own salad dressings, sauces, and seasoning mixes.

I use my crockpot to cook cuts of meat that would otherwise be dry without a gravy or sauce...sometimes I'll add homemade broth

Omg thank you :). Those all sound amazing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)