Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Looking for a P90X partner!!

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 14 Replies
Hi my name is Cynthia I'm 29 and new to this site. Also a first time mom to my 4 mo baby girl Amani. Married almost 2 yrs met my man online. I'm a massage therapist just got my license! But a stay at home mom. Looking to start the p90x classic workout this Sunday. I have 30 lbs to lose which 15 is post baby weight. Can someone who has the program dust it off and team up with me? I need support!! I only find time early in the am to do when baby sleeps. Also I'm from CT. Thanxxxx
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissykay78
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Hey we have a few things in common:) I also have a 4 month old daughter. ( and 4 other kiddos ages 17,15,13 and 8) Met my husband online! We've been married 3 years. Ill be 35 next month. I'm looking to lose 40 lbs. Loast year I went from a size 16 to a 8 using Power 90,P90X and Insanity. Along with clean eating.. Getting ready to start again:)
Glow22
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow really nice to meet you!! Congrats on ur new baby and ur three children ! Also congrats on that transformation! I did p90x a few years ago for only 3 weeks but I did feel the change and I would love to stick to it this time. I have 30 lbs to lose. I had a c section and I'm cleared to work out :) when did u plan starting p90x up again? I would like to try out insanity but since we bought this one it's only fair that I try it out first. Is that ur hubby in the pic? I met mine online and he was in the navy at the time now he is in the Air Force reserves.
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I will do it with ya! I got to really start back up again now that i just quit smoking yesterday. Im a single mom of one almost 3 year old little girl. Congrats on getting your licence! Im working toward my AS in medical assisting.
Glow22
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Awesome!!! I'm so glad ur joining me! Congrats on your decision to quit smoking! Your body will thank u for it in the long run! What's ur little girls name? My little baby is Amani Elize. Girls are so much fun!! Cool ur in school! That's great I wish you much success in finishing school and getting ur degree :) so do u have the p90x videos ? I was looking to start tomorrow. Do u have any fitness goals in mind? I need to lose 30 lbs and I would like to have strength too :)

Quoting armyvet06:

I will do it with ya! I got to really start back up again now that i just quit smoking yesterday. Im a single mom of one almost 3 year old little girl. Congrats on getting your licence! Im working toward my AS in medical assisting.

armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM
My daughters name is Sydney Leanne. I am actually borrowing my moms P90X dvds. My goal is to lose about 50-60lbs. But i want to also build muscle and tone up a little. And i will be starting monday. I have a busy day tomorrow.

Quoting Glow22:

Awesome!!! I'm so glad ur joining me! Congrats on your decision to quit smoking! Your body will thank u for it in the long run! What's ur little girls name? My little baby is Amani Elize. Girls are so much fun!! Cool ur in school! That's great I wish you much success in finishing school and getting ur degree :) so do u have the p90x videos ? I was looking to start tomorrow. Do u have any fitness goals in mind? I need to lose 30 lbs and I would like to have strength too :)

Quoting armyvet06:

guardedheart
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Just wanted to say good luck with P90X...I am already on week 4, and am also mixing in a little Insanity, which I have never done before. It is INSANE:) My husband and I did P90X about 5 years ago and that was the best shape I've ever been in. I currently have a 9 month-old, so hang in there with it and just keep pushing play! :)
sissykay78
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Yep that's my hubby! I actually met him on a online game :P He wasn't military then. He's been in three years now.

I had a csection also..I had a csection with my first child then vbaced twice then two more csections..Plan on getting a tummy tuck and breast reduction in Febuary so I'm trying to get to my goal weight. Unfourtunatly I had a setback I have a hernia that needs repaired so no P90X or Insanity till I clear it with my surgeon Thursday. So until then I'm doing Power 90.

Quoting Glow22:

Wow really nice to meet you!! Congrats on ur new baby and ur three children ! Also congrats on that transformation! I did p90x a few years ago for only 3 weeks but I did feel the change and I would love to stick to it this time. I have 30 lbs to lose. I had a c section and I'm cleared to work out :) when did u plan starting p90x up again? I would like to try out insanity but since we bought this one it's only fair that I try it out first. Is that ur hubby in the pic? I met mine online and he was in the navy at the time now he is in the Air Force reserves.
Glow22
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM
That's a beautiful name!! I did chest and back yesterday and was already feeling sore 6 hours later. I woke up hurting this morning. I wrote down my numbers so I can see improvement each time I do the workout. I following the classic schedule and after I complete these three months I'm lookin to do the doubles schedule . I know with this program we will build muscle if we use weights and increase the weight as we feel stronger . So do ur best today and keep me posted on how you feel! :)

Quoting armyvet06:

My daughters name is Sydney Leanne. I am actually borrowing my moms P90X dvds. My goal is to lose about 50-60lbs. But i want to also build muscle and tone up a little. And i will be starting monday. I have a busy day tomorrow.

Quoting Glow22:

Quoting armyvet06:

Glow22
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Thank you so much for the encouragement ! Week four? That's great! Are you already feeling changes? Insanity looks intense you go girl !! Do u have a fitness goal in mind?

Quoting guardedheart:

Just wanted to say good luck with P90X...I am already on week 4, and am also mixing in a little Insanity, which I have never done before. It is INSANE:) My husband and I did P90X about 5 years ago and that was the best shape I've ever been in. I currently have a 9 month-old, so hang in there with it and just keep pushing play! :)

armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I just finished chest and back! And also went for a run this morning. I could not do the pullups though because i do not have a pull up bar.

Quoting Glow22:

That's a beautiful name!! I did chest and back yesterday and was already feeling sore 6 hours later. I woke up hurting this morning. I wrote down my numbers so I can see improvement each time I do the workout. I following the classic schedule and after I complete these three months I'm lookin to do the doubles schedule . I know with this program we will build muscle if we use weights and increase the weight as we feel stronger . So do ur best today and keep me posted on how you feel! :)

Quoting armyvet06:

Quoting Glow22:

Quoting armyvet06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)