Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New here :)

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:11 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hello my name is Perri. I am new to this group and this site actually. I am 31 married to the most amazing man ever!! lol. We have been together since age 15 got married a year ago. Sorry  that I am getting off track anyways I am losing weight to try to get pregnant with our first baby. I have lost 57lbs by eating organic and juicing along with light exercise but I want different ways to exercise also find new things to cook/eat. It took me 8 months to go from 255 to 198 so any kind of tips would be awesome! Thanks in advanced.

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Wow! good job!

It has taken me a year an a half to go from 239 to 175...so you have done really good!

what kinds of things do you like to do? There are lots of different kinds of work outs- just find things you like, you will stick with them better :)

I found zumba and LOVE it. I also do pilates and belly dance ( a bit at home-but classes when I can find them).

I hate -running, and elipticals, so I never do those!

amonkeymom
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Sounds to me like you're on the right track and could give the rest of us tips!  lol

Quoting Mrs.PerriClontz:

Hello my name is Perri. I am new to this group and this site actually. I am 31 married to the most amazing man ever!! lol. We have been together since age 15 got married a year ago. Sorry  that I am getting off track anyways I am losing weight to try to get pregnant with our first baby. I have lost 57lbs by eating organic and juicing along with light exercise but I want different ways to exercise also find new things to cook/eat. It took me 8 months to go from 255 to 198 so any kind of tips would be awesome! Thanks in advanced.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Welcome to the group... It took me 9 months to go from about 235-240 to 188 on a "skinny day" aka no bloat lol. I am a fan on practicing yoga at home. It's way harder than I thought. I got a bike for Mother's Day so I do that as well. Oh and lifting is my new passion.

nina110
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Hi, I am new as well. Seems like you have done a great job on your own. Congrats on the weight loss. I am using slimming wraps, working out and eating right to loose weight. I have been succefull with that.

Mrs.PerriClontz
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Well thank you ( I think lol ). I been overweight my whole life and this is the first time I really committed to it 100% . I just want more interesting ways to exercise I jog , walk  as of right now but I go to our local lake which has this awesome walking trail around it. I just want to make it more fun also want to learn the best way to tone up cause being way over 200lbs leave extra skin just lingering around ugh!!

Quoting amonkeymom:

Sounds to me like you're on the right track and could give the rest of us tips!  lol

Quoting Mrs.PerriClontz:

Mrs.PerriClontz
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Yoga and biking sounds like something I can get into. My husband loves to go on bike trails so I might just join in. Also I want to hike with my previous weight it was something I was never going to do but that is also something my husband is into . So more time to spend with him is always a plus.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Welcome to the group... It took me 9 months to go from about 235-240 to 188 on a "skinny day" aka no bloat lol. I am a fan on practicing yoga at home. It's way harder than I thought. I got a bike for Mother's Day so I do that as well. Oh and lifting is my new passion.

cj123573
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:35 AM
I looooooove hiking, that's one of my motivation tactics for exercise is to be able to get back into hiking. The weather starts cooling off here soon, so I'm excited to be hiking later this fall

Quoting Mrs.PerriClontz:

Yoga and biking sounds like something I can get into. My husband loves to go on bike trails so I might just join in. Also I want to hike with my previous weight it was something I was never going to do but that is also something my husband is into . So more time to spend with him is always a plus.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)