Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will one bad day wreck my weight loss?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM
  • 16 Replies

DH and I were gone all day at his dr. appt's for his PTSD. We had to leave super early so I didn't have time to make anything. We stopped at a DD at 11, I got what I thought looked harmless. Chicken salad wrap and med coffee with cream and splenda. (I'm low carb, so no skim.) For both it was 765 calories and 73 carbs. IDK how... I try to keep it under 100 carbs but knew I was screwed. So for dinner we grabbed some Wendys on our way home. I had a burger and only 2 or 3 of my fries. I also had a lemonade because they are delicious. I haven't had junk in 9 days, but was craving a burger so bad. I am actually only over my calories limit by 200, but doubled my carb intake. So how bad is it?

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM

If you're shooting for low carb, it'll undo some of the progress you've made in weaning yourself off carbs.  When I blow my low carb diet, I usually take 2 or 3 days to get past the carb cravings/bloating again.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM

but.....one day shouldn't wreck the weight loss

Mrs.Torres2566
by Amanda on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Ok, good. After tomorrow, no more mistakes.

Quoting michiganmom116:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Do you allow yourself some cheat days?  IMO, they're okay once in a while, and it can make it easier to stick to the low carb diet if you know you've got a cheat day coming up.  After being on the diet for over 2 years, I find that I don't have the cravings for cheats very often.

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Mrs.Torres2566
by Amanda on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to. But when I have a cheat day, I tend to over do it. Now I think a cheat meal won't kill me, but no more cheat days.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Do you allow yourself some cheat days?  IMO, they're okay once in a while, and it can make it easier to stick to the low carb diet if you know you've got a cheat day coming up.  After being on the diet for over 2 years, I find that I don't have the cravings for cheats very often.

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Quoting michiganmom116:

nina110
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I don't think one bad day will hurt you.
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM

One bad day won't hurt. 

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM
One bad day won't hurt unless you undo your calorie deficit on all the good days. If you were over by 200, you're still in a deficit (weight loss calories) for the day, assuming your set to 1 lb loss/week (or more). You might gain water weight from extra sodium but it will go in a few days. It's not fat ;)
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Not at all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
president2013
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

actually if anything a cheat day may be good for your weight loss, a good friend of mine lost about 30 lbs in the last 4 months well she had been stuck on her weight loss, she had cut off most carbs, so our weight loss coach suggested shehad a cheat day went to Olive Garden had some pretty good intake of carbs, next weight in she had lost 4 lbs!!! 1% body fat!!!Amazing what one cheat day can do for you!!!

Sincerely,
Alejandra
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)