Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I know there are already posts for this.... BUT

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 41 Replies

I am for sure addicted to caffeine. lol

I can go without it but I end up seeing it somewhere and I must have a pop. I get head aches if I don't drink it. I don't know what to replace it with. I'm 5 foot 4 and 160 lbs.. Pretty much all fat.. I am getting pictures taken in October, so I would like to feel a little better about my body.. I would love to be at 130. I would be so happy!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:14 AM

My poison is coffee, but I drink it black so there are no extra calories. 

Honestly, every once in a while is not going to kill you. It is best to avoid it if possible though as they are terrible for you as there are so many chemicals in them.. Caffeine withdrawal stinks, but it does diminish after a week or so. 

The best thing to drink is water as your body is comprised of 66% water. Make sure that you are eating cleanly as well. Coupling a clean diet, plenty of water and exercise will help you to achieve the results that you want. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

PipersMom18
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I'm addicted to coffee as well. I get really bad headaches if I don't drink it, and I drink way too much of it. I switched to 1/2 caff coffee. I'm still drinking a few cups a day like I always did, but I'm getting half the caffeine. I'm slowly weening myself down to just one cup in the morning. My biggest problem is in the afternoons around 3 I feel like I need a 'pick me up'. Eventually I'm going to have decaf in the house for those afternoon cravings.

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM

When I quit coffee and sodas I had horrible headaches too, but it stopped after a few days. Those headaches were enough to keep me from starting again!

dixiegurl223626
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I switched to decaf coffee and tea and dropped sodas cold turkey. I had headaches for about a week, but I was able to completely ditch the coffee and I seldomly drink tea. Water or juice are my choice now.

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I think you need to make a choice. Which is more important: having a soda or getting to your weight loss goal?

I was addicted to coffee. I had to switch to chai tea and then slowly cut down to drinking green tea and water. Now I will grab a coffee maybe once a week as a treat, but otherwise I drink water.

Good luck quitting the habit!

l0nely
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I am such a picky eater.. so eating right probably won't happen lol. I bought some breakfast shakes or whatever they're called. I usually don't eat anything for breakfast on days that I work, so I'm hoping these drink things will come in handy for something.

I usually drink 4 or more pops, but since I've posted this, I have only been drinking two. I am hoping I can diminish that and just drink tea and water at work.

I used to do push-ups, sit-ups, etc.. at home, but I got lazy and quit. Just last night, I started doing that again. So hopefully I will stick to it this time.

Thanks for your advice!

Quoting mcginnisc:

My poison is coffee, but I drink it black so there are no extra calories. 

Honestly, every once in a while is not going to kill you. It is best to avoid it if possible though as they are terrible for you as there are so many chemicals in them.. Caffeine withdrawal stinks, but it does diminish after a week or so. 

The best thing to drink is water as your body is comprised of 66% water. Make sure that you are eating cleanly as well. Coupling a clean diet, plenty of water and exercise will help you to achieve the results that you want. 

l0nely
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I've noticed that. I usually start drinking pop around 2-3. I have a cup of tea with me when I go to work and then it's either water or pop from the vending machine from there.

I don't actually have anymore pop in my house so if I can just avoid buying it at the store, I should be fine... Hopefully lol

I hope we can both wean ourselves off of this crap.. It's not doing any good and I know it. Stupid caffeine..

Quoting PipersMom18:

I'm addicted to coffee as well. I get really bad headaches if I don't drink it, and I drink way too much of it. I switched to 1/2 caff coffee. I'm still drinking a few cups a day like I always did, but I'm getting half the caffeine. I'm slowly weening myself down to just one cup in the morning. My biggest problem is in the afternoons around 3 I feel like I need a 'pick me up'. Eventually I'm going to have decaf in the house for those afternoon cravings.

l0nely
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM

lol I'm a wuss and I end up buying a pop.. I have got to stop doing it. I carry pain pills with me.. I just do the dumb thing and choose pop over pills.

Quoting LalasMommy1125:

When I quit coffee and sodas I had horrible headaches too, but it stopped after a few days. Those headaches were enough to keep me from starting again!

l0nely
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:26 PM

lol I hate decaf and diet anything.. and going cold turkey on pop just doesn't end well for me.

I hope I can cut it out soon though.. cause it's just becoming a pain 

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

I switched to decaf coffee and tea and dropped sodas cold turkey. I had headaches for about a week, but I was able to completely ditch the coffee and I seldomly drink tea. Water or juice are my choice now.

l0nely
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I really want to be at 130. I've only had 2 pops today, so I'm doing good so far. As I type, the withdrawl head ache is plaguing me lol

What is chai tea? 

Thanks! I'm going to need all the luck I can get lol

Quoting ballerina18:

I think you need to make a choice. Which is more important: having a soda or getting to your weight loss goal?

I was addicted to coffee. I had to switch to chai tea and then slowly cut down to drinking green tea and water. Now I will grab a coffee maybe once a week as a treat, but otherwise I drink water.

Good luck quitting the habit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)