Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Weight Loss Story

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have lost over 64 lbs in the last year and a half, I have been overweight my whole life,I started doing diets since I was 14 yrs old by 27 I had already made my mind that I was going to be that way my whole life, didn't have motivation to work out I just lived one day at a time.

I heard my fiends and relatives you just have to eat right, you know fresh and nutritious food, and I will do it and the fall off the wagon (who hasn't), but my problem was that I did diets 1 2 months and then I was back to not paying attention to what I ate.

I needed help!!! when the doctor put me in anti depressants that was the worst part, no I was even more unmotivated didn't have even strength to clean my house.  My relationship with my SO was trashed.

Well, the help I needed found me, it gave me the kickstart that I needed, I learned how to eat healthy, what does my body need to loose the weight, but above all I understood that it's not a about diets,it's about life style changes.

I have more energy, my depression is gone (weight related I learned), I exercise every day which I had never been a sporty person like I used to call them. But whats most important is that I am teaching my kids healthier, that in itself is half the battle won.

So yes, it's all about making better choices but sometimes you do need that little kick or push to get you going. What was yours?

Sincerely,
Alejandra
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Alejandra!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Congratulations on your weight loss,  you look amazing.

3Xthelove
by Heather on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Very motivational! Thank you!! You look fantastic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN