Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

He's eating my food!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM
  • 21 Replies

Okay....my DH is not on board with eating healthy or exercising.  No problem, I just keep his life insurance premiums paid.  I buy his junk food and I buy things that I can eat on my low-carb diet.

HE EATS MY FOOD right along with HIS!  He polished off a 1/2 gallon of ice cream over the weekend, 1/4 of a new 40 oz. jar of peanut butter is gone (that's his, I won't touch it, but that stuff's EXPENSIVE), and I just found out that my 8 oz. brick of cheddar cheese is gone and my cottage cheese (bought last Friday) is almost gone and I've only had one serving of it! 

This woman cannot live on salads alone....

GRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Do your DH/SO do this?

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Golfermom3
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes!!!  Whenever I buy skinny cow ice cream sandwiches for a sweet treat, he eats at least half of them! When I tell him not to eat my stuff, he just says "buy more". But that stuff is expensive!!! Why can't he eat the ice cream I buy for the kids?!  Same with my low-cal snacks.  Frustrating!!!

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

haha, my hubby wouldn't intentionally go and eat fruit etc....thankfully, I don't have that issue. Although he does the majority of the grocery shopping and pays for groceries so he knows the costs of everything!

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Ugh that's annoying!

Is he not on board with conciously eating healthy?  How about if you just make these healthy switches without telling him, would he eat it?  Since he's already eating your food, which is healthier maybe he's not as opposed to eating healthy in practice but just in principle. 

I know in our house, when I decided that we should be eating healthier I actually didn't bother telling DH.  I do all the cooking and food shopping so I just went ahead and made switches.  Next thing I know, he's eating the whole wheat pancakes I made with flaxseed and loving it...he's eating the trail mix...he's eating the Greek yogurt...he's even eating the stir-fry made with tempeh.  When I told him what was in everything he was eating and that I had made these healthy switches, he didn't even bat an eyelash and just said they were good and just continued without even asking for anything full fat or unhealthy.

SweetPea2004
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:08 AM
No he reapects my food and it helps he doesn't like a lot of what I like.
carterjacksmom
by Jenn on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Ugh that's annoying!

Is he not on board with conciously eating healthy?  How about if you just make these healthy switches without telling him, would he eat it?  Since he's already eating your food, which is healthier maybe he's not as opposed to eating healthy in practice but just in principle. 

I know in our house, when I decided that we should be eating healthier I actually didn't bother telling DH.  I do all the cooking and food shopping so I just went ahead and made switches.  Next thing I know, he's eating the whole wheat pancakes I made with flaxseed and loving it...he's eating the trail mix...he's eating the Greek yogurt...he's even eating the stir-fry made with tempeh.  When I told him what was in everything he was eating and that I had made these healthy switches, he didn't even bat an eyelash and just said they were good and just continued without even asking for anything full fat or unhealthy.

This is exactly what I did. He even says he likes this food better.
hoping413
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
My dh does this! I do most of the cooking so he does eat semi healthy but he will add unhealthy things to his meal. I buy him specific snacks and by myself different ones and he will end up eating them all. I hate it so annoying!!
ADHDmommyandson
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

simple next shopping trip don't buy him his food buy double yours when he bitches tell him well you been eating my food so i thought you changed your mind about eating healthy :)

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My husband just got on board with me on the clean eating Paleo train, so we threw out all of the junk and only have things we both will eat, which includes the Atkins treat bars as a dessert option. My 10 year old daughter will sneak them and mow through a whole box! I had to put my foot down last night, there are only 5 bars in a box, and the box is $10! 

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Quoting carterjacksmom:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Ugh that's annoying!

This is exactly what I did. He even says he likes this food better.

Yup! 

Sometimes I think they say they don't like it on principle just to be a PITA.  Once things are switched over to a healthier alternative and they aren't told, they seem to like it just fine.  It's a bit sneaky, but it's a good way to prove to a person who is so adamant that they not eat healthy that eating healthy doesn't mean you have to sacrifice taste or flavor and that healthy alternatives are just as great tasting, if not sometimes better tasting, than the unhealthy alternative.

roxysmommy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

We eat all the same stuff, so no problems there. Sounds super annoying though :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)