Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easy exercises

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

What are some easy exercises to start off with? I have really bad knees so I can't do much with them right now and the only things I can figure out is pushups, walking, sit ups.. You know all of those things they had you do in middle school.

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Yoga

celestenmiller
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I do beginners step workouts check YouTube but they're fun easy if you do beginners and burns tons of calories. You can easily burn 400-500 cals. Per 30 mins.
randomosityblog
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:17 PM

If you can do full push-ups I wouldn't call them "easy" exercises. :) Add in some planks, and if you can't do regular squats then put an exercise ball behind you up against the wall to take the pressure off your knees. Good luck!

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Pilates is great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM
You may want to look into exercises that cam strengthen the muscles that stabilize the knee. I know it's expensive but when I was 25 and couldn't do much due to knee pain I first saw my md to rule our physical damage (no tears etc). I then worked with a personal trainer who developed a routine for me to strengthen my thighs and prevent knee injury and it actually relieved a lot of the pain. With guidance I would definitely give it a shot!
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Try yoga.  It's gentle and a great way to build your core and improve your flexibility, which can help your knee.  The thing is that you'll have to do exercises to strenthen your knee muscles in order to stabilize it and relieve pain and injury.  You can always talk to a doctor or a physical therapist, but in the meantime you can stick to walking and anything low impact like yoga and pilates.  Also consider doing water aerobics to help alleviate the pressure exercising can put on joints. 

Raindancerx
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I actually did go see an MD. Have been for awhile because I have had bad knees since I was a child. Last time I was in physical therapy the only thing they could do that worked was to stimulate my muscles with electrical surges that got them to start working again. I wish I could remember the exercises they had me doing but I can't. I want to find a personal trainer but I have no idea where to find one. My only thought is that I could probably find one in a gym but IDK.

Quoting audmom1218:

You may want to look into exercises that cam strengthen the muscles that stabilize the knee. I know it's expensive but when I was 25 and couldn't do much due to knee pain I first saw my md to rule our physical damage (no tears etc). I then worked with a personal trainer who developed a routine for me to strengthen my thighs and prevent knee injury and it actually relieved a lot of the pain. With guidance I would definitely give it a shot!

Raindancerx
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Lol. I can only do about 10 at a time and they are easy for me but I have always had an unusual amount of upper body strength. I can do regular squats but not without just completely killing my knees. My left one has gotten so bad that some days I can barely walk without it giving out on me so I just need to get it better asap. I found a few videos on youtube for knee strengthening so hopefully that will work for now until I can find a gym/trainer.

Quoting randomosityblog:

If you can do full push-ups I wouldn't call them "easy" exercises. :) Add in some planks, and if you can't do regular squats then put an exercise ball behind you up against the wall to take the pressure off your knees. Good luck!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Yoga and Pilates, swimming.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)