Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depressed, unmotivated, and addicted

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 28 Replies
So I've lost weight slowly and hit a wall. I've found myself gung go on working out and after a week I stop. I get bored and unmotivated. I feel like no matter how much weight I lose I still look fat. It depresses me. Then I see pics of people's weight loss how their skin just bounces back and it depresses me.

I also have an addiction to sugar. I love junk food. I try to stop eating it but then I get a huge craving and cave.

I did some just dance today. I did 4998 sweat points. I did some push ups. I need to do some squats.

I don't know what to do to get past this wall of mine.
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devilbabie
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I am the same way, I lose weight slowly too, I get pretty good at sticking with it, then all of a sudden I have a bad day, emotional, depressed, discouraged, and I stop sticking with it and have to start at square one again. My skin hasn't bounced back either, some right after I had each one of my boys, but I still have extra skin and I hate it!

I am a sugar-a-holic! I love candy, chocolate and sweets! I have a severe weakness for it! But letting yourself have it every once in a while won't hurt! I do, I just have to be very careful as to how much I allow myself to have.

Just remember that it will pass and your not alone. I go through it all the time, I have found the best way to over come it is to walk, it clears my head...

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM

You need to find a lifestyle buddy, or a trainer.

doostica
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I am starting an accountability/support group called Kardio Kickstart if you want to join? It starts august 1st - october 1st! Its only 2 months, but I am hoping it to be super beneficial. The girls agreed to join now are in a similar spot. I will be making sure you are on track to your goals! Remember it is about inches lost not what the scale says! You can do it and just keep pushing!

doostica
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Message me if you are interested he group is through FB

aurorabear
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM

It sounds like you are overwhelming yourself and probably over thinking it. You should work on making small changes as opposed to jumping all in. You don't have to do a 180 over night. Sometimes you just need to work on doing a 180 on 1 or 2 things and being proud of yourself for that. 

What is your water intake like?

aurorabear
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Often, when you are craving something there is something missing from your diet. What is your eating like? What do you eat on a daily basis?

Quoting devilbabie:

I am the same way, I lose weight slowly too, I get pretty good at sticking with it, then all of a sudden I have a bad day, emotional, depressed, discouraged, and I stop sticking with it and have to start at square one again. My skin hasn't bounced back either, some right after I had each one of my boys, but I still have extra skin and I hate it!

I am a sugar-a-holic! I love candy, chocolate and sweets! I have a severe weakness for it! But letting yourself have it every once in a while won't hurt! I do, I just have to be very careful as to how much I allow myself to have.

Just remember that it will pass and your not alone. I go through it all the time, I have found the best way to over come it is to walk, it clears my head...

SwtSnowflake2
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad to know I'm not alone!

Quoting devilbabie:

SwtSnowflake2
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I e done small changes. I started a couple years ago. I didn't drink soda, then smaller portions, then only fresh or frozen fruits and veggies, then excersizing.

I would lose 10 lbs then nothing, then 2 lbs, then nothing etc. I've lost 32 lbs but have been fluctuating in weight. I know if I just kept it up and laid off the sweets I'd do better. I just can't motivate and then make excuses.

I'm also the type if I don't excersize in the morning I won't do it later. I also hate actually working out. I love how I feel after though.

It doesn't help DH enables my sweet tooth.

My water intake is ok. I'm not a huge drinker but I drink mostly water. It's rare I drink juice or Gatorade.

Quoting aurorabear:

It sounds like you are overwhelming yourself and probably over thinking it. You should work on making small changes as opposed to jumping all in. You don't have to do a 180 over night. Sometimes you just need to work on doing a 180 on 1 or 2 things and being proud of yourself for that. 

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Are you ready to ditch the excuses and lose weight? Or are you still at the pity party stage?

When you're ready to hit it hard, PM me if you'd like motivation. :)

P.S. I don't sell ANY products, I simply work my ASS off every day and love encouraging others to do the same. But.. you gotta get rid of the excuses first. <3

aurorabear
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:06 AM

When you make those small changes, do you stick with them? Like... Do you still not drink soda? I think a change needs to be something you are able to stick with. If you can't then pick something you can. You need to tell yourself "Way to Go" just as much as you need to hear it from other people. The first and only person you have to prove you can do it to is you. 

I can help you pick smaller task, and if you would like I can help keep you accountable. I also have a "Team" I have built of ladies who are in the same boat and motivate each other. You are more then welcome to be apart of it. 

As far as your SO goes, There isn't much you can do to make him help you. Have you sat down and really told him how much this means to you? Had a serious conversation as opposed to joking around? I know When I talk to my SO over something that really is important to me, we as women tend to play it off as not as serious as it is to us. Maybe he doesn't really "get it" Show him. With mine he didn't really get it and I would give in and eat crap. And now, I don't. It took a while but eventually when I refused to go eat at a certain place or order a certain something he started to pick up on it. And over the past year (Yes, A YEAR) He is starting to come around. You have to take accounability for putting your hand to your mouth with that sweet treat. Its hard!! I KNOW IT. But you CAN do it. You really sound like you want it. Now take the steps to get it. 

Quoting SwtSnowflake2:

I e done small changes. I started a couple years ago. I didn't drink soda, then smaller portions, then only fresh or frozen fruits and veggies, then excersizing.

I would lose 10 lbs then nothing, then 2 lbs, then nothing etc. I've lost 32 lbs but have been fluctuating in weight. I know if I just kept it up and laid off the sweets I'd do better. I just can't motivate and then make excuses.

I'm also the type if I don't excersize in the morning I won't do it later. I also hate actually working out. I love how I feel after though.

It doesn't help DH enables my sweet tooth.

My water intake is ok. I'm not a huge drinker but I drink mostly water. It's rare I drink juice or Gatorade.

Quoting aurorabear:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)