Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

FINALLY DH ADMITS I NEED...

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 19 Replies

HELP. My dh is very honest but swears I dont need to lose weight. Well when my jean wouldnt fit over my thighs and I started crying he finally got the picture and realized I really wanted help. I am a SAHM and right now a gym membership is not right, I walk and stuff and eat well but I really need to tone up and drop a few pounds. I don't know if I am allowed to say it on here because I dont want to be promoting but he bought me a set of workout vids, very popular i guess, that are suppose to be great! He is in the military and they all used them so I am gonna try it out. I am soo excited and I really hope this helps me feel better about myself and gets these damn jeans over my thighs!.

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
APSedi
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Try hula hooping! It burns 300-600 calories and hour, it's fun, and your kid(s) will love playing with mommy! Everybody wins!

jlmc
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I love hula hooping! I havent in a while, that does sound fun though, haha my dd would get a kick out of seeing me do it!

Quoting APSedi:

Try hula hooping! It burns 300-600 calories and hour, it's fun, and your kid(s) will love playing with mommy! Everybody wins!

mommasboyz17
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Good luck you can do this!!! Set small goals at a time. Its not going to happen over night. I have lost 100lbs in 2 years. I use Leslie Sansone Wall At Home DVDs I walked 5 miles 3 times a week I have been slacking lately.
lizmeek
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I went to academy and saw one and said I'm going to get one for me and the kids but haven't yet
APSedi
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It is so fun! Once you pick it up and get comfortable on your waist, you'll soon discover that there are other parts,of your body that you'll want to explore with it, like legs, chest and shoulder hooping...my faves. Turn on some music and get groovy with it, your hubby will enjoy it as well! ;) check out you tube videos of hoop dancing for some inspiration.

Quoting jlmc:

I love hula hooping! I havent in a while, that does sound fun though, haha my dd would get a kick out of seeing me do it!

Quoting APSedi:

APSedi
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:17 PM

That's awesome! Just be careful, some of those weighted hoops are all gimmick and actually super dangerous, who needs a 5 lb hoop beating up their internal organs...5 lbs feels like 50! 1.5 lbs is actually great. I make hoops, you can too! Just pick up some tubing from lowes or Home Depot, some tape and you're ready! Hoopnotica also sells pretty hoops.

Quoting lizmeek:

I went to academy and saw one and said I'm going to get one for me and the kids but haven't yet

BabyRuca
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Best of luck to ya! Make sure you set small goals and reward your accomplishments! It takes a lot of small steps to get to the finish line
lizmeek
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I'll have to check that out. I've gain 10 of my 70 lbs I've lost back so I need to get rid of it and tone up

Quoting APSedi:

That's awesome! Just be careful, some of those weighted hoops are all gimmick and actually super dangerous, who needs a 5 lb hoop beating up their internal organs...5 lbs feels like 50! 1.5 lbs is actually great. I make hoops, you can too! Just pick up some tubing from lowes or Home Depot, some tape and you're ready! Hoopnotica also sells pretty hoops.

Quoting lizmeek:

dreama_76
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are already eating well and walk, and he bought you dvds, you sound like you are going to make it.  Make sure to change up your routine everyday, and have fun with it.  The less you worry about it, the more it will come off and you will feel better.   Take care and you will be great, I know it!!

momof3jam
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM

If it's used in the military I'm going to take a guess - P90X?

If that's the case (and I'm not promoting either) and you stick with it, you can really lose some weight. It's really hard, but there are modifications if you can't do some of it.

If it's Zumba, that's AWESOME too. I have both. DH likes P90X because he's more in shape than I am and can handle it. I don't like all the tools and stuff. I like Zumba, although I would NEVER do it out in public - because I have absolutely no rhythm at all lol.

Those are the only 2 big popular ones I know of at this time. If it's something else, and it works, PM me - I'm totally interested!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)