Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Has anyone ever tried this?? What are your thoughts on it?
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (71-74):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I just came back from the store, and I was having a massive sweet tooth. (My husband is on strict Atkins at the moment so we're very limited on what we make for the house.) While there I found So Delicious brand Coconut Milk Ice Cream with no added sugar. (1 gram of sugar, only 5 net carbs per 1/2 cup). OH MY GOD IT'S GOOD. It was a "where have you been all my life" moment when I ate some. Doesn't taste at all like coconut. 

My coconut flour pancakes are fluffy and delicious, but do have some coconut flavor. Try it, you may find you can enjoy it. 

Quoting foistela:

I have a question. I really do NOT like the taste of coconut. Do the coconut products you use with this way of eating taste like coconut and in turn make everything have that flavor?

hoping413
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Have recently tried that myself. I was in heaven! It taste so good!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I just came back from the store, and I was having a massive sweet tooth. (My husband is on strict Atkins at the moment so we're very limited on what we make for the house.) While there I found So Delicious brand Coconut Milk Ice Cream with no added sugar. (1 gram of sugar, only 5 net carbs per 1/2 cup). OH MY GOD IT'S GOOD. It was a "where have you been all my life" moment when I ate some. Doesn't taste at all like coconut. 

My coconut flour pancakes are fluffy and delicious, but do have some coconut flavor. Try it, you may find you can enjoy it. 

Quoting foistela:

I have a question. I really do NOT like the taste of coconut. Do the coconut products you use with this way of eating taste like coconut and in turn make everything have that flavor?

ProudMommy51006
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't done the research on this diet but your explanation of it, I absolutely believe. I was diagnosed with MS 2 1/2 years ago, have not felt well since 2008. I never thought I'd feel better again. I was not educated on food growing up or early in my adulthood. Recently, I have become much more educated, have started eating more clean and exercising regularly and I feel healthy again. I don't even feel like I have MS. I'm on no MS medication and I feel like I can live again. My quality of life has greatly improved.
It makes me angry how bad the food is and what it did to my body for so many years!
it just makes sense that our bodies NEED what is produced from the earth.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting randomosityblog:

I don't think it's good for long-term, and I think it's silly to copy a caveman diet when they died at such a young age. 

However, I'm a vegetarian and the paleo diet is meat meat meat.. so that might be why I think that way. ;)

common misconception

"Paleo" is the name.  The diet is based on independent unbiased scientific research that proves what is healthiest for our bodies at cell level, and it just happens to be similar to early hunter-gatherer diets. 

Besides, remains of cavemen didn't show signs of diabetes or cancer or MS, some of the most common metabolic disorders today.  "Death at a young age" is based on averages, which include high infant mortality rates.  Evidence shows that if a child made it to adulthood, they had a much higher chance of survival unless injured or killed in fighting, infection set in to a wound, or they happened to die from exposure. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM

There are MANY MS relief testimonials from people that follow the paleo eating plan.  I'm glad it works for you!

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

I haven't done the research on this diet but your explanation of it, I absolutely believe. I was diagnosed with MS 2 1/2 years ago, have not felt well since 2008. I never thought I'd feel better again. I was not educated on food growing up or early in my adulthood. Recently, I have become much more educated, have started eating more clean and exercising regularly and I feel healthy again. I don't even feel like I have MS. I'm on no MS medication and I feel like I can live again. My quality of life has greatly improved.
It makes me angry how bad the food is and what it did to my body for so many years!
it just makes sense that our bodies NEED what is produced from the earth.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting randomosityblog:

I don't think it's good for long-term, and I think it's silly to copy a caveman diet when they died at such a young age. 

However, I'm a vegetarian and the paleo diet is meat meat meat.. so that might be why I think that way. ;)

common misconception

"Paleo" is the name.  The diet is based on independent unbiased scientific research that proves what is healthiest for our bodies at cell level, and it just happens to be similar to early hunter-gatherer diets. 

Besides, remains of cavemen didn't show signs of diabetes or cancer or MS, some of the most common metabolic disorders today.  "Death at a young age" is based on averages, which include high infant mortality rates.  Evidence shows that if a child made it to adulthood, they had a much higher chance of survival unless injured or killed in fighting, infection set in to a wound, or they happened to die from exposure. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN