Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Does anyone take a multivitamin?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

I don't do any type of supplements or quick fixes, I prefer the slow as a snails pace healthy option. With that said, does anyone else take a multivitamin or vitamins?

If so, what are your recommendations? Any thing specific for clean eaters who workout?

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I take GNC multi-vitamins.  I am a believer in eating right and exercising.  I have been trying really hard to eat clean (or mostly clean) all day and then eat dinner with my family at night.  it is just too difficult to make separate meals...so I eat well 75% of the time and then eat what I want (within reason) the other 25% of the time.

TheBookSiren
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I take a lot of vitamins. I am a firm believer in eating clean and exercising, but I also believe we today can't get all the vitamins we need from the foods available nowdays. That's just my opinion though I don't expect anyone to agree. I also take certain vitamins specifically for a heart condition I have (It's not serious now but best to play it safe)
I take a multi vitamin
Niacin
B3&6
Vitamin D (I live in Washington lol)
Vitamin C
Cod liver oil
Flaxseed oil
Biotin
Potassium and Magnesium (rx'd by my doctor due to heart)

I also use Coconut oil and vitamin E oil for a barrage of things.
azn_ladie82
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM

At the moment I take a B12, Fish oil and a vitamin C.

mkmommy0406
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I only take my Prenatal still since I'm breast feeding
kbishop8688
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

No matter what you do or don't decide to take, make sure you test it before you stick with it.  Many multi-vitamins don't dissolve in your system properly, and they will flush out of your system without giving you anything.  others will partially break down, so you're only getting 1/2 of the product itself. 

I would say capsules will give you the best results.. But, to test it, stick it in a cup of water and another in a cup of water with a little vinegar in it.. Also, if you're a clean eater and eat a variety of everything, you shouldn't need a vitamin-unless you're deficient in something, then I would suggest finding that one vitamin and testing it out.

Good luck!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I follow a nutrient dense diet and eat clean.  I know what are good sources for vitamins, whether the vitamins are water- or fat-soluble and how often I have to eat food sources for various vitamins, and I try to eat a large amount and variety of veggies (7 to 11 servings a day in at least 3 different colors) along with nuts & seeds/nut flours, and a variety of animal protein for complete sources of B complex vitamins.

I don't take a multivitamin.  Our bodies utilize the nutrients from food much better than they do a manufactured pill.  I'm not worried about being deficient in anything but sleep, and I doubt there's a vitamin for that  LOL

mama0106
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Yes a tak one a day active metabolism
It works great for a active person

CalWorkingMom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I take the Oligo ones from Melaleuca.  They are amazing!

momof2ex1
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:57 AM
That is a lot! But I just started taking four this week. Multi, D, B12 and iron.

I am really starting to feel better after today. I can feel the difference in my energy level.


Quoting TheBookSiren:

I take a lot of vitamins. I am a firm believer in eating clean and exercising, but I also believe we today can't get all the vitamins we need from the foods available nowdays. That's just my opinion though I don't expect anyone to agree. I also take certain vitamins specifically for a heart condition I have (It's not serious now but best to play it safe)

I take a multi vitamin

Niacin

B3&6

Vitamin D (I live in Washington lol)

Vitamin C

Cod liver oil

Flaxseed oil

Biotin

Potassium and Magnesium (rx'd by my doctor due to heart)



I also use Coconut oil and vitamin E oil for a barrage of things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:18 AM

 I take B12 sublingual.  And the ONE A DAY multi vitamin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)