• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Weight Loss Journey. Time to be a better me.

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this
Over the past few years I have allowed myself to make excuse after excuse as to why I can't lose this weight. I started to gain the weight my senior year in high school after getting the depo shot. The doctors told me the weight gain was normal and at that time I just allowed it. After a year I decided not to take the shot anymore because I had gained way too much weight to be comfortable. I was never a skinny girl, but I jumped from a 10/12 to a 14/16 in a year. Here I am 10 years later and I still haven't lost the weight in fact I have gained a lot more. Today I am at 249 lbs. I am disgusted with myself and it's very depressing. My goal is to lose 100 lbs over all. I don't have a gym membership so I will be working out from home and to me that makes it easier to have excuses. I don't want to make excuses anymore. I just want to go and do it! I have decided that I am going to completely change my diet and start eating Paleo style No processed foods, No grains, No dairy etc. The biggest challenge is the work out routine. I need to find something fun to do and also ways to mix it up so that I don't get bored with it. I like Zumba so maybe I will buy it for the xbox? Day 1 meal plan Breakfast nothing which is bad but I wasn't hungry Lunch Salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, carrots, chicken and Drews peppercorn garlic dressing Dinner Asparagus stuffed flank steaks with bell peppers and onions, salad, and peaches
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hoping413
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM
So it's been a little while and yet again I came up with excuses as to why I couldn't work out or why I didn't want to cook so we would go out to eat. DH and I started working out together last night and I think that did me a world of good. I feel like a lot of my problem has been him. He had no motivation so neither did I. He has finally jumped on board and is fully committed to losing weight with me. I feel great after our workout yesterday and can't wait to do it again. I don't always like to cook but we are making better choices when going out and we are keeping it to a minimum. I had a serious craving for a coke on Saturday which is odd because I haven't had soda in a couple months now but I resisted that urge and drank my water! I hear it takes 21 days to make a habit so yesterday was day 1 today is day 2. We will make it. I've just got to keep telling myself that.
hoping413
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
There seems to be a disturbing pattern that I can't break here. I do good for a little while then lose the motivation. I went and worked out yesterday and it felt so good. I'm learning to love the gym which is hard for me. I had a workout partner and she got pregnant so she stopped going and so did I. Recently I've had one major life event after another and I'm stressed. I lost my job lost my apartment had to move in with family and now my husband's job is on the line. I'm not sure how to handle it So I'm leaning on the workouts now. One day at a time.
hoping413
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I feel like I'm finally starting to get on track. I have a workout partner now and it has really helped. Last week I went to the gym 6 days. I weighed in today and i have lost 2lbs. Now to keep the motivation going!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)