Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't seem to lose

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok, I have been so good since April. I workout, I eat clean and count calories or points. I have a mix of cardio and strength training. And I just can't seem to lose anything. I dropped 2 pounds on vacation, but of course it came back.

I had my thyroid tested on Monday it came back normal. I have an appointment next week for my physical. I'm planning to discuss my weight loss issues with my doctor. Can you ladies suggest anything that I should ask my doctor about?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
randomosityblog
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM

You said you do a mix of cardio and strength training. What exactly do you do? How many hours do you work out each day? How many pounds overweight are you?

Noni2319
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM
65 pounds. The past few weeks I've been doing focus T25, so that's 25 minutes, 5 days a week, then I run 45-60 minutes 3 days a week, and I do 20 minutes hand weights 2 or 3 times a week. 8-10 reps, and I do struggle a bit at the end to finish.

Quoting randomosityblog:

You said you do a mix of cardio and strength training. What exactly do you do? How many hours do you work out each day? How many pounds overweight are you?

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM

You said you're counting calories - are you sure you're eating enough? If you're working out an hour+ a day you should be seeing results especially if you're eating clean. No soda, no cheat days, no eating out? Is there anything you could be missing?

Quoting Noni2319:

65 pounds. The past few weeks I've been doing focus T25, so that's 25 minutes, 5 days a week, then I run 45-60 minutes 3 days a week, and I do 20 minutes hand weights 2 or 3 times a week. 8-10 reps, and I do struggle a bit at the end to finish.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Noni2319
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:27 PM
I've switched to weight watchers at this point, but I eat all my daily and weekly points.

In April and may I counted calories, but since that didn't work I decide s to try ww again. But back then I was eating about 1800 calories and my range is 1640- 2000 something.

Quoting randomosityblog:

You said you're counting calories - are you sure you're eating enough? If you're working out an hour+ a day you should be seeing results especially if you're eating clean. No soda, no cheat days, no eating out? Is there anything you could be missing?

Quoting Noni2319:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Noni2319
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Oh and nope no cheat days normally. I stopped drinking pop ages ago. I had a piece if pizza and cake at my sons birthday party, but was still within my points that day.
Noni2319
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I forgot to say Please don't try to sell me gimmicky products. I would like helpful info.

Noni2319
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I forgot to say thank you for your replies. So thanks :)

Quoting randomosityblog:

susieQ680
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe start doing sprints u know run as fast as u can as long as u can ,Thats how i lost weight

Noni2319
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Thank you. I will try that.

Quoting susieQ680:

maybe start doing sprints u know run as fast as u can as long as u can ,Thats how i lost weight

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)