Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bmr

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
I looked it up and it said my bmr should be 1698. Can that be right? I feel like I won't lose weight eating that much. I also plan on eating clean or paleo. How am I supposed to get that many calories? HELP! P.s don't mind the big gap between or and paleo cause my phone is being stupid and won't let me fix it.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:04 AM

If you give me your age, height, weight, if you are breastfeeding and how many days per week you workout, I will verify the numbers for you. Most likely that is correct and that is before exercise. It is very easy to get that number- even eating cleanly by adding in healthy fats! 

You need to eat no less than your BMR. This is how many calories your body needs to function and be inactive- think along the lines of organ functions, blood flow, and brain functions. If you eat too little, your body is going to think it is starving and will burn lean muscle mass and store fat instead. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

bbrackett
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I'm 26, 5ft 3inches, 192lbs. I'm starting insanity today so that's 6 days a week.

Quoting mcginnisc:

If you give me your age, height, weight, if you are breastfeeding and how many days per week you workout, I will verify the numbers for you. Most likely that is correct and that is before exercise. It is very easy to get that number- even eating cleanly by adding in healthy fats! 

You need to eat no less than your BMR. This is how many calories your body needs to function and be inactive- think along the lines of organ functions, blood flow, and brain functions. If you eat too little, your body is going to think it is starving and will burn lean muscle mass and store fat instead. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I will do it when I am on my laptop again. I should be back on my computer in a couple of hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Quoting bbrackett:

I'm 26, 5ft 3inches, 192lbs. I'm starting insanity today so that's 6 days a week.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Ok.. I'm back online now.. 

BMR: 1664

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week ( 6 is for athletes): 1664*1.55=2579

To lose 1 lb per week: 2579-500=2079

Your ideal calorie range is 1664-2079 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Claire

bbrackett
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Thanks. It just seems like a lot. I have a hard time getting to 1200 unless i eat something unhealthy and i don't want to do that. Any suggestions on what i should eat?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting bbrackett:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week ( 6 is for athletes): 1664*1.55=2579

housewifehell
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM

If you are eating clean you shouldn't have to worry about your calorie intake because most of clean eating is food your body can process correctly.  I have lost 250 lbs doing it and I NEVER have had to worry about how many calories I eat since I started.  My DH has lost 85 just because of the changes to clean eating. He eats all day long as much as he wants like I do. Good luck it gets frustrating but its worth it :)

bbrackett
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Wow awesome job! I just wanted to make sure i was eating enough because I'm starting insanity today and i get light headed very easily. Thanks for helping.

Quoting housewifehell:

If you are eating clean you shouldn't have to worry about your calorie intake because most of clean eating is food your body can process correctly.  I have lost 250 lbs doing it and I NEVER have had to worry about how many calories I eat since I started.  My DH has lost 85 just because of the changes to clean eating. He eats all day long as much as he wants like I do. Good luck it gets frustrating but its worth it :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Quoting bbrackett:

Thanks. It just seems like a lot. I have a hard time getting to 1200 unless i eat something unhealthy and i don't want to do that. Any suggestions on what i should eat?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting bbrackett:

Quoting mcginnisc:

By adding healthy fats to your diet, you will increase calories in a healthy manner. 

Nuts, nut butters, avocadoes, olive oil, coconut oil...all of those are great healthy fats.

Claire

VeggieRunnerMom
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM

When you go from low calorie to a higher calorie is seems like you won't be able to do it. I was so there.

Now you don't have to be "afraid" of the higher calorie BUT good for you stuff. Avacados. Nuts. are a couple of examples off the top of my head :)

jlmc
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Hey! I saw in one of your replies you are starting insanity! I just started this week! So painful but I feel so good!!! Go at your own pace, I tried to keep up with them and almost died, I slowed down just  alittle the next day and felt amazing!!! Good luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)