Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Any vegetarian and or vegan mommas?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
So I've been reading the book eat to live, it's basically clean eating without saying its clean eating if you've never read the book.

I've decided for me and my body I would revisit my old days as a vegetarian, I looked great felt great but I was young didn't have to worry about feeding children or a spouse.

Btw I started 2 weeks ago and the weight is coming off without trying 6lbs in 2 weeks :)

Anyway the reason for this post! What are your go to vegetarian/ vegan cook books?
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
VeggieRunnerMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Engine 2 online!

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I'm vegetarian (but I eat dairy and seafood). I don't have any good cookbooks, but I like searching for recipes online. Here is one recipe I have bookmarked on my computer. It's really yummy.

Tri Colored Pasta w/ Tuna

tomsMom2008
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

PDQ: the pretty darn quick vegetarian cookbook. I LOVE it!!! Even if I don't always make the recipes, every single time I open it I am inspired.

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE that book and am a HUGE proponent for it!  I have started eating all fruits and veggies all day long and then eating dinner with my family.  My sister is also going thru chemo for breast-cancer and that is what brought us to this book.  I am trying to get to 90% fruits/ veggies/ nuts.  I was a vegetarian for 7 years (many years ago) and I would go back in a heartbeat.  my dh won't agree to it though and it is too hard right now to go back to fully vegetarian, so I am doing the best I can and eating a small amount of meat (chicken, turkey) with dinner.  Even making those changes I have been doing 100% better!  

Sorry, I know this was for cookbooks, but I wanted ot share how much I agree with the Eat to Live book!

chickensmommy
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I'm using Pinterest for most recipes
kimmaylove013
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I appreciate your reply! I have had minimal meat here and there but it's been days.

I know my dh won't go full vege. But lastnight I made vegie noodle soup and he loved it :) so that made me happy.

Quoting HappyGirl77:

I LOVE that book and am a HUGE proponent for it!  I have started eating all fruits and veggies all day long and then eating dinner with my family.  My sister is also going thru chemo for breast-cancer and that is what brought us to this book.  I am trying to get to 90% fruits/ veggies/ nuts.  I was a vegetarian for 7 years (many years ago) and I would go back in a heartbeat.  my dh won't agree to it though and it is too hard right now to go back to fully vegetarian, so I am doing the best I can and eating a small amount of meat (chicken, turkey) with dinner.  Even making those changes I have been doing 100% better!  

Sorry, I know this was for cookbooks, but I wanted ot share how much I agree with the Eat to Live book!

marihla
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Hot spicy and meatless is an awesome book. I'm not vegetarian but I eat meat sparingly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)