Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VACATION screwed me up!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

We went on vacation 3 weeks ago, we did really well the first 1/2 of the week. I even went to 2 zumba classes and did laps in the pool for exercise. The 2nd 1/2 of week we blew it food wise, now back at home and back to work can't seem to get back on track!!!

I gained 5lbs back and I want to get back on track!!! I actually gained the 5lbs on vacation nothing in the past 2 weeks. We're back to healthy eating just not back to exercise...

I wanna get back to working out but gotta get motivated!! Work has been really stressful we've been down 2 people and really short handed and super busy with extra work... So I come home just exhausted!! I know, NO excuses!!! LOL

Hope everyone is doing good!! I need motivation!!!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Eeek!  Vacations are really great and totally something to look forward to, but wreaks havoc on diets and weight loss.

Take a deep breath.  You ARE getting back on track - you're eating right again after vacation.  Sometimes I find the eating part to be the hardest part, but you're doing it!  As for getting back to exercising, maybe you can wake up a few minutes earlier and get some in...or schedule it in.  I know, for me, I sometimes really have to schedule it in like an appointment.  This ensures that I carve out the time and from there, it becomes routine.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

When we went on vacation- I gained almost 8 lbs in 9 days! I was NOT a happy camper...but we came back and I got back to it (the calories/ drinking water and working out), and lost it in about  2 weeks.

Just get back to it, that's all I can say ;)

cj123573
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I go on Pinterest for some motivation, pictures, workouts, quotes, stuff like that

One of my reward goals is to go on an active trip, so I go to REI Travel and look at those trips and daydream for a bit, that usually will get me up and going the next day :) 

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Vacations are bad! I gained 7 pounds on our cruise in April, it took me almost a month to lose it all. Eating right is the best step....drink lots of water to help flush everything out, it will really make a difference. Make the most of exercising 20-30 minutes a day, a few times a week until you are back into routine. You can do it!

itsm3
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:47 AM

i'll be honest here: it's not vacations that make poeple fall off the wagon, it's themselves!  vacations don't force bad food in your mouth, people decide to go crazy when they go on vacation and then regret it later.

IMO, relaxing on the routine during vacay is great but there has to be a balance.  if you know you're not going to exercise all week, then eat as clean as you can to offset the lack of exercise.  sure, you go out for dinners but does that mean you have to order fries with the works?  you can have a few bites of fries but you are still capable of making healthy eating choices as well.

i'm not trying to be harsh but the only thing you need to do is DECIDE to start working out again.  you DECIDE to eat healthy again whether that be on, or not on, vacation.   no one can motivate you but YOU.

so decide and then do it...it's the only way.

azn_ladie82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

You don't have to put in a long hard workout..just do something small for now and gradually work yourself up. You totally got this!

Vacations always screw me up, but I have to ask myself to stop making excuses and how bad do I really want it?

cad1972
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM

We didn't go crazy on vacation, I felt we did really made good food choices even going out to dinner. We even exercised but toward then end yes I got outta control with what I put in my mouth. Totally my fault I made poor choices and over induldged. 

It was getting back home we had fallen outta of our routine, so we will get back to it!! I went work out this morning and beleive me my body was struggling! I can't beleive just 2 weeks of not working out would make that big of a difference! 

Thanks for your comment!! A swift kick in the butt! LOL Have a great day!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)