Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

sometimes I feel like starving would be easier!

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
When I got to my smallest it was easy I was living in a travel trailer in the middle of the desert with a dumb boyfriend at 17 and it was easy to go from 170 to 120 because we had no money or food! We drank water all day and at soups that were mainly water because the church his mom went to would give us canned meat and veggies! But because of that experience I had a new found love for food! And now I'm at 235... Wa wa wa... It would be so much easier to crawl back in that trailer for a few months!
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Torres2566
by Amanda on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Changing your lifestyle is tough, but will be worth it in the long run.  Starving worked back then, but it's that experience that put you where you are now. So don't go back there.

mybabiesmyheart
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Ok Ya that's true but I'm smarter now! ;-) lol!!
jennlynnjones84
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this
It's tough! But it can be done. it has to be a lifestyle change! Once you look at it as a lifestyle change and not a diet, that's when you know your really ready! It's a long hard road and very frustrating but you can get there if you set your mind to it. I started out at 233 mid March. I use the My Fitness Pal app to track my calories I eat and the Map My Fitness app to track my exercise and I'm getting where I need to go. I think the My Fitness Pal app has been a big part of my success. It's helping me learn to make better choices. I learn by trial and error what foods help me and hurt me. Most High calorie foods don't keep me full very long. I eat lower calorie foods that keep me full longer. I do still eat some of the fatty foods that I love but I really watch my portions. I measure absolutely everything I eat. I don't take any supplements or diet pills. I'm just counting calories, making some better food choices and trying to exercise more. I try to eat about 1300- 1400 calories a day. I also try to walk 3 miles about 3 times a week. Walking is easier for me then all those exercise videos and stuff. It's actually became quite relaxing for me. I started out just walking a mile 3 times a week and gradually moved up and did whatever I could. You don't have to go all out in the beginning. Just do what you can and keep pushing yourself a little further each time. As I said I started out in mid March at 233, as of today I am 199. I still have a long way to go but I know I will get there. I've struggled with my weight for a long time. I've never stuck to anything because I was always looking at it like a diet and couldn't wait till it was over and I could eat normal again. Now that I am looking at it as a life style change.. I am actually getting somewhere and I know that I will never let myself get back to that dark awful place again. Look up the BMR calculators and Harris Benedict equation and see how many calories you need to consume/burn for weight loss, then once the weight is off and you are at your goal weight you will need to find out how many calories you need to consume for your activity level to maintain your weight.
Rightnow I eat 1300- 1400 to lose, when I get to my goal weight I will need to eat around 2000 to maintain. 2000 will seem like alot of calories once I get there since my body will be used to only getting 1300- 1400 calories a day now. Never eat below 1200 calories!
mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM

No it wouldnt hun take it from someone who was 210 and tried EVERYTHING!!!! Took me two years to (healthily) get down to 110 (im 5'2") and I LOOOOOOVE food, Its not about how much, Its about what, and what youre doing alonside it :) Contact me anytime if you need to chat or have any questions!! xo

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Baby steps...and one day at a time. You can do this!

mybabiesmyheart
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Thank you ladies I worked my ass off tonight and I feel incredible for it. I have been watching what I eat for a few weeks and started actually walking vigorously tonight and so far I have lost 7lbs so I must be doing something rite! I could never go back to the starving gig. I have little girls I would never want to chose that "option" for me at the time it wasn't so much of an option it was just a stupid situation I was in. I would never want my girls to see me chose stupidity because I want more for them... But Lord would it be easier! Lol just sayin!!!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM

You can do this mama!

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM

7 pounds so far is great! Just know it will take hard work and dedication but the rewards are so worth it! Include your family and children in exercise to help make it a family thing and get everyone healthier.

Mrs.C22
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Good luck. I know it is hard. WHen I was a kid I just didn't eat, I sometimes, okay all the time wish I could be that kid who doesnt eat as an adult. 

she-ra2000
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM

sounds nice (120), but my teen daughter tried that and gained instead. The dr said that your body holds into the food instead of burning it off and in turn you gain weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)