Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Have You Ever Tried...

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:31 AM
  • 10 Replies

Up late as usual for me, and the weight loss commercials are in full effect at this hour! I was just wondering have any of you ever tried any weight loss pills or supplements? I've always seen commercials for pills such as Lipozene or Xenadrine and I was just curious as to if they really worked and infyou all thought they were safe and have had good/bad experiences with them!

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:48 AM

I don't think they are safe at all.  I have tried some in the ast with little to no results and when I stopped taking them, I gained the weight back.  I wouldn't do it again.  Diet and exercise is the way to go.  Make a lifestyle change.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM

When I was a teen...but that was what my mom did as well.  They didn't really work for either of us, and I just remember being shakey (this was in the 80's)

I have not touched one in over 20 yrs, and I won't either. I see them as a waste, and who really know what's in them anyway?  No thanks

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to use xenadrine, but I didn't see real weight loss until I started exercising and eating right. It can help control your appetite, the the real work is up to you.

GoddessMom2B
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM

What about some of the tea detoxes like queen b detox and tinytea detox? I heard that once you stop using them you put the weight back on.

Quoting N_maricle:

I used to use xenadrine, but I didn't see real weight loss until I started exercising and eating right. It can help control your appetite, the the real work is up to you.

cj123573
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I don't think they're safe.  I've taken them before, but nothing regularly.  Xenadrine just made my head and stomach "shake" 

I would rather have an overall healthier lifestyle than take a pill/supplement/shake. 

I also think that if you want to "detox"...drink water and eat a higher fiber diet...same effect. 

mandaboo99
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Not safe!! most of them are full of uppers and you can get hooked on them. They could cause heart problems and once you stop taking them the weight comes back on. I lost 100 lbs with Eating Clean and exercise and am now a fitness coach, feel free to contact me  if you want to chat or if you have any questions or anything at all!! xo

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I've tried them many times in the past.  And most worked as long as you keep taking them.  But, the minute I stopped, I gained even more weight back.

NevaehMom07
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I personally do not use over the counter supplements. I used Xenedrine as a teen but it didn't help keep the weight off. The only thing I use to help me lose the weight (besides exercise) is my It Works! products (wraps and supplements). They're all natural ingredients and I don't have to worry about those chemicals used in other products. My company's products help in the lifestyle changes I've begun to make. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Nope.  Those things are horrible for you!  They teach you nothing about healthy eating.  

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I have tried all kinds in the past, Hydroxycut, Xenadrine, Slimquick, CLA, Raspberry ketones, special vitamins meant for energy and metabolism, etc.  

Now I don't take ANYTHING but a multi vitamin and I feel 100x's better!  Diets pills are not a substitute.  They can make you feel jittery, affect your heart, etc.  Diet, exercise and a postive attitude are what works! ...along with a life long commitment!  Change you lifestyle permanently and you will see positive results.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN