Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paleo: anyone on here paleo or loosly follow paleo diet

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm looking to join a paleo group. I have loosely followed paleo diet for the past few years off and on. I'm getting ready to deliver my 3rd and final baby in the next 3 weeks. I totally fell off the paleo wagon (healthy eating wagon too) at about 6 months. So here we go baby weight loss round 3 and I will win a lot quicker with this baby than I did with baby 2. I'm eager to get my whole family eating healthy again and back to working out.

I'm looking for some paleo friends to help give me a push bc I know it's a hard transition to add a family member and still keep the house running smoothly. I also want to change from loosly following paleo to actually following it. If anyone knows of some good sites or groups please point me in the right direction. I will also be breast feeding so I know I won't be able to strictly follow it at first.
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Paleo's perfectly healthy to follow while pregnant or breastfeeding.  I've followed Whole Family on Facebook since before she was pregnant, delivered, and she is now breastfeeding her beautiful little girl, Mercy.  Keep in mind that paleo eating GUIDELINES can be adjusted to fit each person's needs.  Example:  I need to eat low-carb/moderate protein.  Someone that is doing CrossFit WOD daily and running Spartan/Tough Mudder races on the weekend (or breastfeeding) will need more carbs in the form of sweet potatoes and fruit and probably more protein.

I find this eating plan to be easier for me to fit in to my busy life than the SAD.  I can't imagine going back.

There is (was) a Paleo Mamas group here on CM.  I don't know how active it is.  I have a forum in my own Rhonda's Home Kitchen group for paleo/primal recipes & ideas.

I prefer to follow groups/sites on FB for this. 

KJH618
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting michiganmom116:

Paleo's perfectly healthy to follow while pregnant or breastfeeding.  I've followed Whole Family on Facebook since before she was pregnant, delivered, and she is now breastfeeding her beautiful little girl, Mercy.  Keep in mind that paleo eating GUIDELINES can be adjusted to fit each person's needs.  Example:  I need to eat low-carb/moderate protein.  Someone that is doing CrossFit WOD daily and running Spartan/Tough Mudder races on the weekend (or breastfeeding) will need more carbs in the form of sweet potatoes and fruit and probably more protein.

I find this eating plan to be easier for me to fit in to my busy life than the SAD.  I can't imagine going back.

There is (was) a Paleo Mamas group here on CM.  I don't know how active it is.  I have a forum in my own Rhonda's Home Kitchen group for paleo/primal recipes & ideas.

I prefer to follow groups/sites on FB for this. 

Great advice! I plan on going back to crossfit box by 8 weeks post providing everything works out with my sitter. I have 19 month old and soon newborn to take with me otherwise and that's no fun. My box time is my "me" time. It took me 8 months to get back at it after baby 2. Not sure what happened there bc I was back at it 7 weeks post with #1 and had lost all weight and then some by 12 weeks post. I really struggled after baby 2 bc she was super attached and I didn't have childcare and didn't want to do gym daycares.

Baby 2 is still a struggle for me...as we speak she is throwing a fit and trying to drag me somewhere.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

MichiganMom116 (above) and I are the only two I know of that are very paleo eaters, but there have been several threads in here lately about people that want to start. :-)

hoping413
by Cass on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I have recently started the conversion to a paleo life style. It's still a work in progress for me but I would like to completely change my eating to the paleo style.
MichyDol
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Me, my husband and 1 year old babe are paleo :) please feel free to ask any questions!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 9, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Good luck and congrats mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)