Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Who works out at home?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 56 Replies

For those who work out at home, what do you do?

DVDs & Videos? 

Do you have weights or machines at home?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I have Insanity DVDs and printed WOD routines.

I use what I have:  a floor, 3 lb. hand weights, weight bench and weights, cross trainer, roadside (walking or jogging), tree limbs in the back yard for pull ups, and stairs.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I mostly work out at the zumba studio- but at home, we do have

a small weight machine 

treadmill

bands

ball (one of the small ones)

a stick (4 or 5 ft long...we use them in pilates-so i got one for home)

small weights

Dvd's- mostly belly dance ones

I'm also thinking about getting a kettlebell soon- trying to decide on what weight though

I work out at home once or twice a week

she-ra2000
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I have a resistance band, and a jump rope so far. I mainly got the jump rope so I can still get in my cardio when it's raining outside. I've had the rb for about 6 months now. I'm having trouble making time to use them. I guess I get stressed out and slack off sometimes. OAN I know I have to keep going or else I'll never loes the weight.

MommaTate
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I work out at home. I have an exercise ball that I use and I like to find varoius videos (usually yoga or simple exercises) from YouTube, OnDemand, Netflix, and from the SparkPeople.com website. I like to try to find different things to do each day just to switch it up a bit and keep it more fun and interesting.

ETA: I don't have weight machines at home, but I'm hoping to join a small gym in August.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
LilySlim - (qSGd)

Sweetest_Britt
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I do! I've got handweights (really need to get larger ones). I've got a treadmill (that I dont use), an elliptical that I never use. I've got my bike, that I use almost daily!!! LOVE IT and ride at least 60-90 minutes a day on it (except the past 3 days...LOL). 

I also walk with my family...at least 3 miles an evening, but as much as 6 miles a day as well with the kiddos.

Reina13
by Reina on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I have handweights and an exercise ball and I am pricing a good elliptical. I am steering away from a treadmill because I know I will not use it.

Quoting Sweetest_Britt:

I do! I've got handweights (really need to get larger ones). I've got a treadmill (that I dont use), an elliptical that I never use. I've got my bike, that I use almost daily!!! LOVE IT and ride at least 60-90 minutes a day on it (except the past 3 days...LOL). 

I also walk with my family...at least 3 miles an evening, but as much as 6 miles a day as well with the kiddos.

itsm3
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM

i only workout at home - can't stand the gym!

i do workout dvds (beachbody programs) and run outside/trail running.

i have free weights, bars with plates, pull-up bar, resistence bands, weight bench and roman bench, stability ball, yoga mat.  i also have a treadmill but i hate that thing and never use it. I have a mini fridge that stores all of my water and i love the fact that my new bathroom is right beside my workout area so i can just hop into the shower.

all of my cardio is via running or HIIT cardio programs like insanity etc.

just_hc
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I have barbells and a weight bench.  I also have a treadmill and a punching bag at home.

JanuaryBaby06
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM

i got m workot from pinterest. i memorize and do it om my own when i weake up & before bed. i run in the middle of the day

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I run and do the Insanity DVD's.

I also own an Elliptical machine, MANY Jillian Michael and Bob Harper DVD's, Slim in 6 dvd set, kettle bells and hand weights, and have tried the biggest loser game on the xbox kinect.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN