Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Zumba.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am IN LOVE with Zumba! I have it for the kinect. 

Anyone else use Zumba for their work out?

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I take zumba classes at a studio 2-4 times a week. Lately I've actually become a little frustrated with my zumba classes because it seems like one instructor is recycling the same old dance moves to the same songs. I do love zumba though. I just need to mix up my routine a little.

LivinDeadGurl
Not feeling well today. Just want to curl up and sleep.
Yesterday at 5:29 PM
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I do on occasion. I love it.

Yuriko_chan
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I have it for the kinect too! I do love it, and I should do it more often!

Stephielove
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Yeah, when I play it on my xbox, I make sure that I don't use the same songs, it's just better that way. Lol. 

Quoting ballerina18:

I take zumba classes at a studio 2-4 times a week. Lately I've actually become a little frustrated with my zumba classes because it seems like one instructor is recycling the same old dance moves to the same songs. I do love zumba though. I just need to mix up my routine a little.

Stephielove
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I had to stop for a week because I was so sore that I could hardly move, It sucked, but I'm not sore anymore, so I'm going to go back to it! I'm excited. 

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

I have it for the kinect too! I do love it, and I should do it more often!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I do zumba 5-6 days a week  anywhere from 1-3 hours

I LOVE it...but I take it at the zumba studio, I go to about 4 different instructors' classes.  It's hard- a serious work out- and even harder with some of them (especially the hip hop ones- tons of squats in that one and she is HARDCORE!) 

I can't imagine doing it with a game...I think I'd get bored or frustrated or something- I know I wouldn't put as much effort into it!

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I went with my cousin to a Zumba class at our local gym. I lasted maybe 2 minutes. It was awful. I felt completely uncoordinated. There was nothing fun to me about stressing about moves & always being a step or ten behind & looking like an idiot. I'll never do it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybutastink
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it even though I am not the most coordinated person out there!  I just keep moving:)

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I miss Zumba classes, the instructor I went to a lot was fabulous, she really had us going. My SIL and I both have stopped going... my schedule got busier and my SIl said that the classes have become more about dance moves than the zumba moves (it's not as much of a workout anymore)

4puddintaters
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I am looking at becoming an instructor, any instructors in the house?!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)