Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Did your feet grow along with your body?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have been a 7.5 shoes size since I was 13 years old. In the last year (since I put on weight) my shoe size has increased to an 8 - 8.5. I'm not just talking about them being swollen or fat, but they have actually grown. I cannot wear any of my old shoes and looking down, they seem huge to me.

Has anyone elses feet grown as they have gained weight?

Or on the flip side, have they shrunk when you lost weight? (Please give me hope!)

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninjakids
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I was always a 8, the very rare shoe a 9 (usually a heeled shoe cut small)... Now its rare I find a 8 I can wear and when i put on shoes from two years ago they were too small and looked redic. :( Im now between a 9 & 10
MamaSarah1104
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM
My feet did with all my pregnancies, I think the excess weight just kind of forced the bone to grow. I went from a 10 to an 11 between 3 pregnancies
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Mine didn't grow, but they flattened out since putting on weight.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:38 AM

No, mine have actually gotten smaller.  I used to wear a size 8, now I wear a size 7 when I do wear shoes. 

flowrsgalore
I'm so tired. ugh & it's that time a day to figure out dinner. get off your dead butt & go fix dinner woman. bbq chicken pizza & some kinda vegetable-oh everyone will rave how much they love it! pft
Yesterday at 4:47 PM
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:09 AM

OMG my feet are hideous! bunions, ugh. I think it was pregnancy that really did the number on them, they just widened right out. pretty sure I'm a half size bigger now after having a child. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM

My feet grew a half size after my 3 child. That was also the most weight I had gained of any of my pregnancies as well.

housewifehell
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I have lost 250 lbs and Yes they do shrink lol I went from a size 11W down to an 8 so ist just the excess weight they wont stay that way if you loose it.

GleeFan
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so happy to hear this.  :)
There is hope for me yet.  

Quoting housewifehell:

I have lost 250 lbs and Yes they do shrink lol I went from a size 11W down to an 8 so ist just the excess weight they wont stay that way if you loose it.

little_mama83
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I've always heard that feet continue to grow (slowly) as you age. Not sure if that's true or not though! My feet did seem to "grow" while I was pregnant and they didn't look swollen to me but I guess they were because I went back to my normal size after pregnancy.

do11face
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:31 PM
I wore a 51/2 forever. Then after gaining weight and having kids I went up to a 6.
Well, I've lost weight and tried on my favorite size 6 heels I wear often and they are too big. I guess I'm back to a 5 1/2.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)