Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Motivation Plateau?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hi Ladies,

I don't know what to call it, but I'm sure I'm in the middle of a motivation meltdown/plateau. I'm eating pretty well (slipping a little) and still pretty much enjoying my workouts, but while I'm at my fitness classes I can't help but think,"This is hard. I don't want to be here. I just want to go home!"

Last week I hurt my ribs and cut down on working out. This week I've been feeling good so I'm back to doing my regular workout schedule which is basically zumba toning + yoga, or back-to-back yoga classes. I'm trying to have fun during my classes and focus on the exercise, but I'm having a really hard time. I want to lose weight and be fit, but I need a motivation boost.

Anyone else experience this? Any helpful motivation tips?

Thanks!

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

THink about how far you have come and think about the day you decided you were going to do this!

mem82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

This happens to me. I just try to push through it. I know it's too easy to stop and then not do it again for a week. Maybe you should change your classes? Maybe you are bored?

ballerina18
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Thanks ladies! Both of your replies have been helpful.

I decided to make up a new workout log (something I was doing, but stopped for whatever reason) and last night I tried out a new dvd workout (Physique 57). I think the dvd helped in that it was both new and it was friggin HARD so it has definitely reminded me that I am not in as good of shape as I thought.

Anyway, motivation is still a struggle. I'm starting to think that maybe part of it is that I haven't had a successful workout in awhile. What I mean by this is...every workout I've done lately has been extremely difficult for me. Rather than feeling like I achieved something after my workout I have been feeling defeated. Deep down I know I am getting stronger, but I guess I'm not recognizing my success...like holding a plank longer, or getting better at balancing..ect..

I'm definitely going to try to change my mindset. Since it's August 1st I made a new goal to lose 5lbs this month. Last month I made the goal to lose 5lbs and I achieved that goal within 2 weeks and then just maintained my weight for the past few weeks. If I can step it up and see some weight loss hopefully that will help motivate me.

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramblings..lol

Sunshine257
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think try a new activity. Not saying drop your old but add something new to the mix.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)