• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it healthy?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:38 AM
  • 14 Replies

I have lost 60lbs. in the last 2 weeks. I haven't changed my diet or fitness routine, but I have been under a little more stress lately. What should I do? 2weeks ago I was a size 7 in Juniors and now I am in a Juniors size 4!!!!!

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:37 AM

SIXTY POUNDS in TWO WEEKS???

No, it's NOT healthy.  Get the stress under control and see a doctor to see if that much weight loss in a short time has done any damage and look for any underlying health causes.

SisterMomma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't think it was. I'm gonna call my doctor this morning and see if I can get in 

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Ummm...do you mean 6 lbs?  even people on the Biggest loser don't lose 60 lbs n 2 weeks...and if you did lose that much and were already a size 7, then you would be in little girl clothes now.  I would go call the doc to just get some advice.

SisterMomma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I was 185 when I weighed myself on July 16. and when I weighed myself last night I was 125. I'm going to call my doctor when the office opens

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Is it possible your scale is messed up?  60 lbs in 2 weeks is insane!  And I would think would lead to a bigger size drop then what you are talking about.  I am not sure about Jr. sizes - but I know typically they say 10 lbs lost is going to be a size drop.... So, if you truly did drop 60 lbs you would be TINY!  Which I am guessing you were pretty small to begin with....

SisterMomma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I went to my doctor this morning I do weigh only 125 I have naturally wide hips. I have something wrong with my digestive system and my iron levels are extremely lower then normal.She is going to have me undergo a lot more tests in order to find the root of the issue.   

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Is it possible your scale is messed up?  60 lbs in 2 weeks is insane!  And I would think would lead to a bigger size drop then what you are talking about.  I am not sure about Jr. sizes - but I know typically they say 10 lbs lost is going to be a size drop.... So, if you truly did drop 60 lbs you would be TINY!  Which I am guessing you were pretty small to begin with....

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I'm glad you got in to see her!!!  When are the tests scheduled?

Quoting SisterMomma:

I went to my doctor this morning I do weigh only 125 I have naturally wide hips. I have something wrong with my digestive system and my iron levels are extremely lower then normal.She is going to have me undergo a lot more tests in order to find the root of the issue.   

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

SisterMomma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I have 3 diffrent sets of tests my first set is scheduled for Thursday August 8th

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Quoting SisterMomma:

I have 3 diffrent sets of tests my first set is scheduled for Thursday August 8th

Did you get any advice for what to do in the meantime?  You don't need to lose another 30 pounds between now and then.

SisterMomma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I was advised to eat alot of foods that are high in fat 3 times a day along with 3 snacks inbetween and stop my fitness routine I am only allowed too walk. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)