Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

One pound (image)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am absolutely in love with this picture, I think we all forget that it didnt go on overnight and its not going to come off over night, i see a LOT of questions about weight loss pills and fast fixes, and YES you will lose weight, you will also lose muscle mass, you also risk heart problems among other things depending what youre taking or puttin into your body. Nutrition and EXERCISE will keep it off, Its a lifestyle change NOT a diet or a fad, find something you love and RUN with it. 100 Lbs later Im not going to say that I didnt have weeks where i wanted to give up because i ONLY lost a pound, or a portion of a pound, but look at the big picture. track your measurements,use your before and after pictures KEEP GOING!!  Love Yourself

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Good reminder!  I love the pics that show even more fat loss...  It is completely gross, but a great reminder.  My mom likes to use bags of sugar or flour - or containers of Crisco for her analogies....

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I like to use fruit, but this really shows it eh??

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Good reminder!  I love the pics that show even more fat loss...  It is completely gross, but a great reminder.  My mom likes to use bags of sugar or flour - or containers of Crisco for her analogies....

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Even Better

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

If this doesn't want to make you work on toning up - I don't know what else will!

Quoting mandaboo99:

Even Better

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Truth!!!!

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

If this doesn't want to make you work on toning up - I don't know what else will!

Quoting mandaboo99:

Even Better

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I have this photo on my pinterest page. I kinda hate the image because it is just so gross, but it helps get the point across!

I really like your photo too, OP! Knowing that I would need two hands to hold 1lb of fat is crazy!

Retrokitty
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I fluctuate up to 5 pounds in a dy. so when the scale says I lost 1 pound I really don't feel like I've lost anything lol.
mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM

sometimes scales are off and sometimes its just water weight, but you can absolutely fluctuate through the day

Quoting Retrokitty:

I fluctuate up to 5 pounds in a dy. so when the scale says I lost 1 pound I really don't feel like I've lost anything lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)